Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Disable Physical Hookswitch

Answered

I think the answer is No or check with Polycom but I wanted to at least ask.

Do you know if you can disable the physical hookswitch on a VVX Media Series phone via the config? 

Perfect world I'd like it so that they can answer the call by lifting the receiver but the call will not hang up when they put it down, they would have to push the 'End Call' Button. 

The hookswitch doesn't seem to have a known key id per https://documents.polycom.com/bundle/ucs-ag-5-8-1/page/r-ucs-ag-vvx-600-and-601-business-media-phone...

I'll post on the Polycom Ask forums but wanted to check here first. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Telstra Products & Services Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Disable Physical Hookswitch

Hi @LT16 ,

Nothing in the TIPT config, and not that I'm otherwise aware of.

Once you lift the handpiece, if you put the phone on headset \ speaker \ hold, you can hang up the handpiece without terminating the call.

-Nate

I am a Telstra Employee participating in CrowdSupport on my own time my opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Hi @LT16 ,

Nothing in the TIPT config, and not that I'm otherwise aware of.

Once you lift the handpiece, if you put the phone on headset \ speaker \ hold, you can hang up the handpiece without terminating the call.

-Nate

I am a Telstra Employee participating in CrowdSupport on my own time my opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

You can get the keypress codes for the hookswitch but it doesn't register them when using them in the config. Checked on PolySupport. 

Thanks again.