Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Does the TIPT Call Centre Java HTTPS Server applet still work?

Answered

Previously, after a user logged in to the TIPT Call Centre portal, the would be prompted to install the Broadworks Java HTTPS Server applet for Desktop Integrations (e.g. notifications).

We've just been testing to try and get notifications working and have been unable to even get the Java prompt to appear now at all upon login. Testing was as follows:

- Windows 10

- Most recent java (8 u 241 at time of writing)

- 32 and 64 bit versions of Java

- Tested on 32 and 64 bit version of Internet Explorer

- Confirmed Other Java applets prompting as expected via other sites

I only administer TIPT in our environment rather than use it day to day so I am not even sure when the prompt stopped appearing / the applet stopped loading.

Is the Java HTTPS Server applet still active / supported on the Call Centre Platform? Is there other specific requirements to get it to load?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Telstra Products & Services Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Does the TIPT Call Centre Java HTTPS Server applet still work?

Hi @jamesd2 ,

The plugins were disabled a while back, so nothing java related works. Probably best to get your account team to have a discussion with engineering if you need something specific. I would have thought they would have a replacement notification. Though, if desperate, you could probably also run Business Connect to prompt the inbound call...

I am a Telstra Employee participating in CrowdSupport on my own time my opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Hi @jamesd2 ,

The plugins were disabled a while back, so nothing java related works. Probably best to get your account team to have a discussion with engineering if you need something specific. I would have thought they would have a replacement notification. Though, if desperate, you could probably also run Business Connect to prompt the inbound call...

I am a Telstra Employee participating in CrowdSupport on my own time my opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks @NateB, we suspected that would be the case.