Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Feature Suggestion: Call Centre Agent with multiple conferences & above 3 Parties

Answered

Hi Team,

I've mentioned this to some in person at events, etc but thought I should put it here as well.

I would love the Call Centre could have multiple conference calls at once each with more than 3 participants at once. You might able to combine some weird end user workflow of using Call Centre + Business Connect with an N Party conference but it would be great if it could be call centre client itself! Even if it required N-Party Conference agent as well. 

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Telstra Products & Services Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Feature Suggestion: Call Centre Agent with multiple conferences & above 3 Parties

I'd guess 1 conference per user... Not that I've tried conferencing in Business Connect and my physical phone at the same time. I can't imagine the functionality is in MiReception either.

You could have 2x MiR \ CC per user, but it would become very difficult to manage. You could potentially have 2x numbers on each agent phone and conference manually on the phone... Just no software \ single user option that I'm aware of.

If anything (without testing) I would say you could be right about it being a CCR limitation, considering it in itself is essentially a conference call.

I am a Telstra Employee participating in CrowdSupport on my own time my opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Feature Suggestion: Call Centre Agent with multiple conferences & above 3 Parties

Hi @LT16 ,

For >3 participants, I don't have any issue. I just tested and had a 6 party conference (before running out of numbers to call \ hitting call queues and needing to hang up).

- Exec user, CC Prem Agent. Cisco handset. Combination of inbound and outbound calls.

I'm sure the same would work with a Poly handset, Std Service Pack and CC Std Agent. (Nway + CC App access + phone). The person using CC needs some kind of endpoint... I can't think of any solution to start a conference by a party not involved in the conference.

I don't think a *single user* could have multiple conferences, and it would start getting painful \ expensive if you had multiple users, each with a CC licence so that you could logout of one user and login as another to start another conference...

From the couple of questions, it souds like you need some kind of dedicated conferencing solution, I'm guessing the VMR solution didn't fit the bill, or would be difficult to have staff opening meeting rooms for adhoc get togethers (without stepping on each other)?

You could have a chat with you account team, see if they can find any solutions close to what you're after...

Maybe look up EyeOnIT, see if they already have some sort of software solution \ suggestions... If not they might be able to quote creating an app to trigger conference calls if that's what you're after...

I am a Telstra Employee participating in CrowdSupport on my own time my opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's.
Highlighted

VMR's don't cut it. Needs to be operator or agent-controlled conferences and multiple conferences per agent (normally no more than 2 per agent). They are using PureCloud for the communicate functionality (no queues at all or you can't do it) but thought I would ask, wishful thinking and all. 

What about MiReception - Do you think it could do multiple conferences per receptionist and add / remove participants?

Accounts Team and TIPT Pre-sales have all heard my spiel before Smiley Happy

I'll have a look at EyeOnIT. 

Unrelated issue, I may need to log a fault as I have a std CC agent with Ent + Nway who can only have 3 users in conference at a time. They are using Liberate & Call recording so that might be causing the issue. 

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

I'd guess 1 conference per user... Not that I've tried conferencing in Business Connect and my physical phone at the same time. I can't imagine the functionality is in MiReception either.

You could have 2x MiR \ CC per user, but it would become very difficult to manage. You could potentially have 2x numbers on each agent phone and conference manually on the phone... Just no software \ single user option that I'm aware of.

If anything (without testing) I would say you could be right about it being a CCR limitation, considering it in itself is essentially a conference call.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

It would need to be supported at the Broadworks low level I think. I have no idea how or where to create such a feature suggestions.