Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Instant Group Call as Conference

Answered

Hi there, I'm trying to do something a little nonstandard but it does look to work manually. Just looking to now put it onto one softkey. This might need @BradKelly or @NateB 's expertise. 

I have an Instant Group Call that works with Push to talk. Works fine. 

When I make a conference call to *50<INSTANT-GROUP-CALL-EXT> it also works fine like a normal conference. 

Now reading posts like 

* https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/tipt-liberate/intercom-feature-on-tipt/td-p/836281

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/tipt-liberate/using-tags-to-add-features-to-polycom-handsets-...

I've created a softkey, but it doesn't seem to be working. It appears during an active call but the function behind it doesn't appear to be working. The goal is for when this softkey is pressed during a call, it starts a conference to the Push to Talk Feature of the Instant Group Call Group and then returns to the original call. All in one button. 

The tag is: %SOFTKEY_1_ACTION%

And the value is: $Cconference$*50792$Tinvite$$Cwc$$FJoin$

The other values i've tried are: 

$Cconference$*50792$Tinvite$

$Cconference$*50792

If what i'm trying isn't possible so be it but from reading around and also on the polycom forums, it looks like it should work but I think i'm either missing something or have something in the wrong order. 

Suggestions? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Instant Group Call as Conference

After far too much playing around, it works if you make the softkey action: $Chold$*50792$Tinvite$$Cwc$$FJoin$

So to recap: 

• Instant group call with members
  • Push to talk configured for instant group call (aka TIPT paging setup)
  • Softkey to appear during active call only
  • Softkey to execute: $Chold$*50792$Tinvite$$Cwc$$FJoin$

I do however thing this is extension based conferencing and not TIPT based conferencing but given I only need it for 3 people it should be fine. 

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Telstra Products & Services Team

This one has me scratching my head... I don't think I've ever tried having an active call, and conferencing in PTT \ IGC.... Usually PTT with IGC is setup (recommended to be setup) as 1way, with a specific list of approved callers... Like an intercom.

I'd have to go through documentation, and see if I could somehow replicate the testing.... What's the use case..?

I am a Telstra Employee participating in CrowdSupport on my own time my opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's.
Highlighted

@LT16 ,

Without digging too much, I think you were pretty close... It's probably:  $FConference$*50792$Tinvite$$Cwc$$FJoin$

I found this Polycom Community article. Example 7.

While the firmware is probably 5.8.1k, this is admin guide section is close enough.

$C is a command, like 'waitconnect' - wc used in your string.

$F is to trigger an internal key function like Conference, or Join as used in your string.

I'm still interested in understanding the use case!

-Nate

I am a Telstra Employee participating in CrowdSupport on my own time my opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's.
Highlighted

I have been googling, browsing and thinking all day of the wording which I now know is "Macro Actions" figuring out what $F $T and $C did ($C i figured out a few days ago and $F earlier today). 

I'm trying to bind the following steps into a single soft key press: 

During an active call:

1. User presses conference button

2. Dials *50<Instance Group Call No> (Push to talk of Instant Group Call)

3. Instant Group call Members handsets auto answer (configured as such)

4. Doctor presses Conference to conference in instant group call and existing call. 

Kind of like a 'reverse-barge' or 'auto-conference' if you will. That might be a bad way to explain it. 

The use case is around bringing additional nearby users into a single conference call without having to stop the flow of the call, put people on hold for long or have to take other action other than push a single button. 

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

After far too much playing around, it works if you make the softkey action: $Chold$*50792$Tinvite$$Cwc$$FJoin$

So to recap: 

• Instant group call with members
  • Push to talk configured for instant group call (aka TIPT paging setup)
  • Softkey to appear during active call only
  • Softkey to execute: $Chold$*50792$Tinvite$$Cwc$$FJoin$

I do however thing this is extension based conferencing and not TIPT based conferencing but given I only need it for 3 people it should be fine. 

View solution in original post