Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

MiReception Thin Client Department Search

Hi All,

I am needing assistance with the new MiReception. I can not see how to search by department ? With the old desktop client I could search for a department and would be displayed a list of all staff in that department and could also see who was and wasn't available. I could receive a call at reception asking for someone in the parts department and quickly find someone available to take the call. In the new web based client I have tried searching by department but it does not work. I have spoken with my managed service desk and they tell me this is not possible. I do not understand how Telstra expects my receptionist to transfer a call to lets say someone in the sales department. Is she expected to know everyone's name in every department off the top of her head ? This upgrade (downgrade) makes no sense to me. And what stuns me the most is that Telstra tell me that no one else has asked for this. Does anyone please have a solution ?

Thanks

Onsite Helpdesk managing computers, mobiles and tipt.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: MiReception Thin Client Department Search

Hi Steven,

By the looks of things no one in the community is able to assist you with this one, I'm sorry about that!

If you haven't already, I'd suggest calling through to the Telstra IP Telephony Helpdesk on 1800 287 289 for assistance.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Steven, we recognise that the department field is missing in the miRECEPTION thin client.  This is currently being rectified with the vendor nd is expeted to be included in the next release of miRECEPTION.  Thanks

Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Hi Deb,

Any chance we could have a update when the new miReception is avaliable?

Regards,

Ben

Highlighted
Telstra Products & Services Team
Telstra Products & Services Team

Ben,

New versions of the call centre and mi reception client will be available once the r.19 upgrade is completed at end of september. A version to support dept column is expected in march april 2015

Brad.

Brad