Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

New TIPT Admin various questions

Answered

Hi All

New TITP Admin here (our ISDN service was migrated yesteday Smiley Very Happy )

1. Looking to see if there is a reports section in TIPT, looking for in order of priority:
    a) List of users with the last change date time of mailbox password, web password etc.
    b) List of Endpoints with current status Online, In Call, etc, and if Offline the last checkin/login date time.
  2. Best method for doing Pre-announcement, our old phone system allowed as to play a recording while the huntgroup was hunting for an agent, then when the message was finished playing switch to on hold music and eventually terminate at a mailbox
  3. Best practive for terminating a hunt group at a common mailbox, currently i have the Hunt group forwarding to a Basic Auto Attendant with Always forward to Mailbox turned on, thats working just not sure if its the best practice.
  4. Is there a way to push out Favourites to the Polycom VVX501 from the cloud? Found out how to turn on "Personal Directory" which i note syncs back to the cloud if a user add a contact to it (really cool!) but we'd like to be able to add entries on the "Line View" homepage of the phones from the TIPT portal.
  5. Is there a feature request page somewhere for TIPT, if any of the items on here arent available I would like to request them. A uservoice page where we could all vote on new feature would be nice.

Thanks, Blue.

IT it's all about the people.
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: New TIPT Admin various questions

For question 3, are you referring to a common email mailbox for VM?

If so, you should be able to set the Messaging option to 'Send all Calls to VM' and then set the recipient email (or use the Voice Mail portal)

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

1. - TIPT does not provide this level of reporting from the customer portal. a- I am unaware of anyway to ascertain this level b - you can go to each service and check if it is registered or not. User - utilities - Registration

2. -Hunt groups do not provide queuing etc. If you require the answering of the call, welcome message and queuing of the call until an agent becomes available, you need TIPT Call Centre. This will also provide comfort messages and reporting

3. As per Marty's advice

4. This depends on how many contacts you need. If you want to put the same number on all handsets (for example IT help) you can do this via tags and placing them on the soft keys.

5. This does not exist as TIPT is a tenanted platform. The features are dictated by the vendor. Telstra has some say to the vendor but the platform applies to all carriers who utilise the platform. Reach out to your client executive to provide some feedback.

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Item 4.
Wanted to put several on each handset, pushing out seperate configs per device.
Ended up adding feature.EFKLineKey.enabled="1" to <efk.efklist > then populating the Custom Tags. That now gives me pinned quick dials to the Line Screen.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

For item 4. after reading the Polycom UC Software Admin Guide, it sounds like what i'm after is the "Flexible Line Key - Speed Dial" Feature. Has anyone here implemented this with TIPT?

https://www.polycom.com/content/dam/polycom/common/documents/technical-guides/uc-software-v545-for-v... Page 165-166

Highlighted

Further reading of that same document it sounds like "Enhanced Feature Keys" is actually what i'm after for item 4. page 159-160
i can see in the "phone-%BWDEVICEID%.cfg"  that efk.efklist is listed and has the place holders %EFKLIST_1_ACTION%, %EFKLIST_1_LABEL%, %EFKLIST_1_MNAME% and %EFKLIST_1_STATUS%
setting those placeholders via Custom tags however doesnt seem to do anything (the repository file just has "unused" in those fields. Are they handled elsewhere in the TIPT console?

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

For question 3, are you referring to a common email mailbox for VM?

If so, you should be able to set the Messaging option to 'Send all Calls to VM' and then set the recipient email (or use the Voice Mail portal)

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

1. - TIPT does not provide this level of reporting from the customer portal. a- I am unaware of anyway to ascertain this level b - you can go to each service and check if it is registered or not. User - utilities - Registration

2. -Hunt groups do not provide queuing etc. If you require the answering of the call, welcome message and queuing of the call until an agent becomes available, you need TIPT Call Centre. This will also provide comfort messages and reporting

3. As per Marty's advice

4. This depends on how many contacts you need. If you want to put the same number on all handsets (for example IT help) you can do this via tags and placing them on the soft keys.

5. This does not exist as TIPT is a tenanted platform. The features are dictated by the vendor. Telstra has some say to the vendor but the platform applies to all carriers who utilise the platform. Reach out to your client executive to provide some feedback.

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Item 4.
Wanted to put several on each handset, pushing out seperate configs per device.
Ended up adding feature.EFKLineKey.enabled="1" to <efk.efklist > then populating the Custom Tags. That now gives me pinned quick dials to the Line Screen.

Highlighted
Telstra Products & Services Team

HI @BlueNova ,

Custom configs aren't supported and may be removed during any support activity... So this is not ideal.

1a. No. You could set 'password expires after X days' as the password rules, then if the user hasn't reset their password in that time the "passwords" page under the user would show "password expired".

1b. Not the last login, but current status can show in Business Connect, Call Centre, and MiReception if configured to do so.

2. Executive pack has a pre-announcement. I'm not sure if the line rings while it's playing the announcement. You could play with a mixture of that, and Broadworks Anywhere, or Simultaneous ring to try to achieve what you're after. As mentioned above, HGs don't really do queuing, so you'll have to be careful with your configuration if it's a busy HG.

3. *55<mailbox>. If you have 1 main receptionist, I would recommend setting it to their VM so you get the notification on their phone. You could set it to an email as recommended above. You do not need to select "send all calls to VM" as the FAC bypasses all other settings, sends direct to VM.

4. As menitoned, custom configs are risky. You can see this post about turning on custom directories (Group \ Ent). It's a bit vague, I can add a post with other tags if there are specific directories you want to access (Group \ Group Common \ Enterprise \ Enterprise Common). I don't think I've played with Personal Directory... How did you get that working?

- As a tie-in with 1b; you could use the Busy Lamp Field feature, which would allow you to 'monitor' users on the Polycom screen. Adding 11 "live" users to the home screen is quite easy, and supported.

- Be careful with EFK's, they are quite complex to configure, and usually they are configured to display on the bottom of the screen under XX condition. IE you tell it "while idle, display 'VMR' button. When pressed, dial VMR, pause. \# VMR_Room \#, pause, \# VMR_PIN \#" as a basic example. You can setup really complex rules for transfering calls or chaining many commands together. We have standard ones mostly for Premium CC features like "while in call; 'escalate to supervisor'".

5. A great idea! As mentioned above, you should reach out to your account team, who can ask the technical people if features are currently available, or the current recommendation for features to have the best experience.

<edit> Just noticed your tags, and can see how you got the Personal Directory added. There is another tag SOFTKEY_DIRECTORIES to add a directories softkey on the main screen. There are other tags to remove "New Call" \ etc default buttons if you need more real estate</edit>

Regards,

NateB

I am a Telstra Employee participating in CrowdSupport on my own time my opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's.
Highlighted

Hi NateB

I found the Personal Directory option in BradKelly's response to the post https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/tipt-liberate/tipt-directory-now-available-on-polycom-handset...

I just tried the busy lamp feature, that will work perfectly for the speed dials to extentions in our office, unfortunately it doesnt look like that will allow us to add mobile numbers or landlines external to the office.
Thats disapointing about the custom configs, i just reverted my phone back to the default phone-%BWDEVICEID%.cfg and the  %EFKLIST_1_ACTION% etc tags no longer work.
Is there any chance we can get Telstra to add either feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1"  OR for those who dont want it maybe add
feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="%TAGNAMEHERE%" so its optional.

I note any contact you add to your favourites shows on the line screen too, which would work nice for Mobile numbers etc, however i cant see somewhere to push favourites out from https://toti-s.tipt.telstra.com/ its left up to the users to manage.

Highlighted

Hi @BlueNova ,

feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1" is enabled.

There are a great many settings that get set outside of the phone-MAC.cfg.

As mentioned, EFKs are pretty complex. Up until the setting you mentioned, they are basically just macro's that you then need to call from elsewhere, IE the directory or a softkey.

EG to access the EFK you created, in the directory you would create a contact named say "Call Bob" with a contact of "!Call Test User 1" ! (call macro \ EFK) with mname "Call Test User 1" (you may need to remove the spaces from both MNAME and the contact to get it to work). Which defeats the purpose as you manually need to create a contact, and you could just set number of the contact.

Or, using a 'soft key' (bottom row button):
SOFTKEY_1_ACTION = !CallTestUser1
SOFTKEY_1_ACTIVE = 1
SOFTKEY_1_ENABLE = 1
SOFTKEY_1_LABEL = Call Bob

Which then defeats the purpose of the EFK as the 'SOFTKEY_1_ACTION' could just be "6136"... And it appears on the bottom row which isn't ideal.

feature.EFKLineKey.enabled="1" looks fairly new (5.7.x), and adding it might conflict with older software, so introducing it would require extensive testing, but no harm in raising it with your account team to see what they can do, IF it still appeals.

However, aside from the testing, there are still only 4 EFK's available in the config... Which doesn't give a lot of options for adding several external numbers... So it depends on how many you need.

If a 'custom' config was introduced for EFK's I don't know what the Poly limit would be, nor where it would sit in priority of screen realestate (IE main line diplays first, then any shared lines, then BLF, then speed dials)... Would EFK sit before BLF...? Or before \ after the speed dials...? That is still a lot of work to get a number on a screen.

It really depends on the actual use case (I know you mentioned wanting them on the home screen), but why? How will they be used?

As far as I remember there's only enough screen realestate for 12 numbers, beyond that I don't think you can see them (without an expansion module, or accessing other menu's like the directory)... In which case, you could add group contacts using a CSV, then add the 'Directories' button to the main screen (bottom row). Directories > Group Common > then either seach for or scroll to the contact.

Regards,

NateB

I am a Telstra Employee participating in CrowdSupport on my own time my opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's.
Highlighted

I had looked at the EFK macros in the Polycom documentation, but taking my screen shot from below, the EFK keys were just as easy to program quick dialing as the Soft keys were (tried 4 digit extension number and mobile numbers, both worked fine), i wasnt sure why my experience was different from what you were describing, re-reading the following polycom post i realise now that they made it easier in 5.7.0+ with the addition of feature.EFKLineKey.enabled="1"https://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP-SIP-Phones/FAQ-Using-Enhanced-Feature-Keys-EFK-macros-to-chang...

I did a config dump from my desk phone, i can see now feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1" thank you for pointing that out.

I will deffinately want feature.EFKLineKey.enabled="1" enabled on all our phones as it simplifies programming the numbers that cant be done through busy lamp as quick dials into the line keys. 
Will want the efklist.x 5 onwards added too, accordign to the polycom docs can go upto 50 (wont need that many but will want at least 8, 12 would be comfortable) e.g. the following up to 12
efk.efklist.1.action.string="%EFKLIST_1_ACTION%" efk.efklist.1.label="%EFKLIST_1_LABEL%" efk.efklist.1.mname="%EFKLIST_1_MNAME%" efk.efklist.1.status="%EFKLIST_1_STATUS%" efk.efklist.1.type="invite"

Yeah i know and agree this sounds like a lot of work. But i need the phone sytem to work for our employees, not make more work for them. On that note, my next target is a unified Directory, for the life of me i dont know why there is the enterprise directory, group directory, enterprise common directory, group common directory etc on the phone. Having that seperation in the admin console is great and would expect it, but end users dont need to know any of that exists in the background, just merge all the directories into one simple to search user facing directory on the desk phone. Also searching on these things is alwful. on our old alcatel IPTouch phones i could:

1. Type JIM on the physical qwerty keyboard on the front of the phone(the phone would live search/type ahead as i pressed each qwerty key) 
  2. Tap OK, now im in the call.

Note: I found an article that Polycom had a usb keyboard option in one of their test builds but dropped support for it. pitty.
On the VVX's

1. Click Directories button soft key (thank you for that custom tag NateB, legend!!)
  2. Decide which directory i want and tap it.
  3. Tap the keyboard up top right
  4. Type JIM
  5. Tap the tick up the top right
  6. Tap submit
  7. Tap Dial i'm finally in the call.

I'm already getting complaints from users, will keep searching Polycom documentation to see if there's an easier way to do this. Investigating Polcomy Desktop Connect as one option, but would rather do it In-phone like on the old system.