Highlighted
Telstra Products & Services Team

TIPT - remote working solutions

Telstra’s guide to working remotely on TIPT

Do you need staff to be able to work remotely?  Telstra has produced a document to help you support staff working remotely.

see attached document

Liberate – The best of your desk phone on your Mobile

Do you want to have the ability to do everything on your mobile that your desk phone can do?

Liberate:

• Turns your mobile into another TIPT endpoint.
  • Works with your TIPT call flows eg hunt groups / call centre
  • Present your deskphone number when making calls from your mobile.

Find out more CLICK HERE

Soft Clients on your PC:

Telstra Business Connect is TIPT’s soft client and is available for any user with a standard or an executive pack. Business Connect logs in and allows you to make and receive calls on your desk number via Windows and Mac OS.

Just because you have a call centre doesn’t meant this has to stop when working from home. You can have full access to the Call Centre and Mireception application Via the Internet and use Business Connect to log in and out of your queue.

For More Information - CLICK HERE

Need to host a meeting via audio or video?

Telstra’s Virtual Meeting Room service allows you to hold instant meetings with complete control. The platform allows you to lock the meeting room, place a guest pin for access and mute the complete room in one action.

Did You Know 

• Any users with a standard pack or executive pack is licenced for Business Connect
  • An admin can reset user’s Business Connect passwords via comm pilot ---- page 30 - administrator reference manual.pdf
  • You can turn any phone into your office number by using Remote Office or  TIPT  Anywhere
  • Call Centre and Mireception are now available over the internet.
  • TIPT handsets can be deployed over the internet - only the Poly VVX range & Cisco MPP range are supported
Brad

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Re: TIPT - remote working solutions

I'm surprised you didn't add a link to the "how to TOTI phones". Though that may require a power pack, PoE switch, or power injector to use at home.

I am a Telstra Employee participating in CrowdSupport on my own time my opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's.
Highlighted

Nathan,

Yes you could however as you point out there are a few challenges in terms of power packs or PoE switch

If you want to take the handset home - see post below

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/TIPT-Office-Phones/TIPT-over-the-Internet-Migrate-from-MPLS-s...

Brad
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Thank  you for your reply.  I am a computer dummy and I need step by step directions and cannot really follow the directions in your book.

Highlighted

What are you attempting to do ?

Brad
Highlighted

UPDATE:

Telstra is running two webinars - first one tomorrow covering off working remotely.

If you have not received an invite - send me a private message through crowd support with your name / email and company name and I will get an invite to you.

First sesion tomorrow Friday, 3 April 12-1pm

Second session Tuesday, 21 April 1-2pm

What the session will cover

• How Liberate can enable remote workers and provide a more efficient way of delivering calls to mobiles and protecting your corporate identity
  • Detail on how Telstra's TIPT cloud call centre can be activated quickly to provide remote call centre solutions, delivering calls to mobiles / softphones and even home phones
  • How to deploy Business Connect to enable your users to work remotely and how to use reception and call centre clients remotely
  • A view of business continuity on SIP Connect - simple cloud based control of individual numbers
  • How to access simple conferencing with Telstra's virtual meeting room.
Brad
Highlighted

A telecom telephone support person told me we had an outage on our landline, which was correct.  He offered to forward all landline calls to my mobile and I agreed.  Now I cannot change it back and don’t know if the landline is fixed because we do not have a dial tone on the landline.

Highlighted

I would suggest you call faults to have them remove the call foward.

Brad
Highlighted

is there any setting in Business connect for headset when Using on PC ...intermittent issues  cant hear and also when dial out no ring back tone can be heard

Highlighted

Yes - in the app - click file - options - audio/video and then select what device you want to use

Brad
Highlighted

Thanks Brad

Discovered some of the ISP'S Wireless router giving the audio issue . When its connected to the router directly , there is no issue .

Thought to share with others too