Jasonm914
Level 2: Rookie

Domain Name renewal - domains@online.telstra.com.au

Answered

I was reciving emails that my Domain name was due to expire from domains@telstra.com.au

I replied to these emails that i wished to renew the domain, but received no response.

Now emails to my email address are not getting through.

Who can i contact / speak to, to fix the issue?

Jason

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jasonm914
Accepted Solution

Re: Domain Name renewal - domains@online.telstra.com.au

For Future reference for others that may have this problem,

I was told to call Bigpond Tech Support  on 133933.

Explain that you are having issues with BigPond Basic Domain Hosting.

In my case, the operator was able to speak to the team behind domains@online.telstra.com.au, I wasn't able to speak to them directly.

I was than asked to send another email to domains@online.telstra.com.au requesting the Domain name be renewed. 

Within about an hour the Domain Name was renewed and emails started flowing again.

Thanks to the Consultant  at Bigpond Tech Support who finally solved the problem for me, for the rest of Telstra, get your systems and act together so customers don't have to jump through so many hoops.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

You would normally manage you Domain through https://marketplace.telstra.com/

If you log in there and hover over the domain and click on Manage, you should get to the settings.

If you are still having problems, then either a call to 132000 or sending a message using hte My Telstra app on your mobile would be the next options.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Jasonm914

I don't have access to marketplace.telstra.com

I belive I have what is called a Basic hosting service

Jason

Jasonm914

I have a reference number #tid16158497

Jupiter

It can't be followed up through Crowdsupport, as nobody has access to Account Information or the Telstra systems. It is primarily a forum for customers to try and assist other customers.

You would need to call 132000 or send a message using the My Telstra app (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen) and if Codi redirects you, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should get transferred to the queue to chat to a human.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Jasonm914
Accepted Solution

For Future reference for others that may have this problem,

I was told to call Bigpond Tech Support  on 133933.

Explain that you are having issues with BigPond Basic Domain Hosting.

In my case, the operator was able to speak to the team behind domains@online.telstra.com.au, I wasn't able to speak to them directly.

I was than asked to send another email to domains@online.telstra.com.au requesting the Domain name be renewed. 

Within about an hour the Domain Name was renewed and emails started flowing again.

Thanks to the Consultant  at Bigpond Tech Support who finally solved the problem for me, for the rest of Telstra, get your systems and act together so customers don't have to jump through so many hoops.

View solution in original post

My Telstra

Manage your business services on your mobile with the My Telstra app.

Find out more