Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

How long does an online prepaid to postpaid order (With a new phone) take to finish?

Hi guys, 

I hope I’m in the right place for this. 

I am a Telstra prepaid customer.. two nights ago I placed An online postpaid order for a new phone on a plan.. I logged into my prepaid Telstra 24x7 account to load my existing details and select the prepaid service to use for the upgrade

Once I did this and followed the usual checks and questions I received an order number and about 20 mins later received a Telstra email bill activation email which shown what I’m assuming will be my new acct number begging with 2000..

however, since then whenever I have tried to track my order online using the order number it says the same “ Order status: In progress” message and hasn’t progressed at all? I can see some forums advising orders usually only take 1 day etc and delivery within 1-2 days depending on location.. I’m in metro Melbourne? 

I also do understand the pre to post side can sometimes take a bit.. is this the case with Telstra?

the main question that I want answered here is: how long should I expect to wait from reviving the confirmation until I actually get my new phone? 

when will I receive further correspondence from Telstra ? As of yet I haven’t received any and no further progress has happened. 

I called and that was a very hard time lol.. and go pretty much no answers. 

thanks ! 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: How long does an online prepaid to postpaid order (With a new phone) take to finish?

Hi @Deandotcom, Welcome to CrowdSupport! 

Are you still needing help there?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

My Telstra

Manage your business services on your mobile with the My Telstra app.

Find out more