Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

24/7 App Information Error

I have just converted over to NBN and after 4 weeks of hassle speaking to 26 different Telstra people (have all their Employee #'s) from about 6-8 different "Teams", having to be near my computer for most of those 4 weeks for 'Team members" to run tests or get me to plug, unplug modems wires etc take time off work to be home on 3 separate occasions for at least 4 hrs each time for NBN Technicians to try and fix the issues, and finally lodging a formal complaint, I got my NBN internet working - but only at max 25-27Mbps not the 100Mbps of my Premium Speed Boost. I have accepted this because supposedly 120Mbps is being sent from the Node but the signal deteriorates to only 28Mbps at my street curb because of the poor condition of the copper wiring from the Node to my house.. and at least 100 others in my area. If I downgrade my plan to the 25Mbps then I might only get 2Mbps by the time it reaches my house. Both Telstra BILLING and Telstra TECH SUPPORT (after running more tests today) have CONFIRMED that my Premium Speed Boost IS ACTIVE but I still can't get more than 27Mbps. My latest Bill also says I have a "Premium Speed-NBN" internet connection. My problem is that the Telstra 24/7 App and My Account (laptop login) both originally (after the Premium Boost Order was completed) said that my "Internet Connection" was "Premium Speed - NBN FTTN Technology Type" and under Add-Ons section Speed Boost was "Premium" and Status was "Active" NOW both of these Telstra Apps says that my "internet Connection" is "NBN FTTN Technology Type" .. no mention of any speed boost and the Add-ons is "Speed Boost $20/ mth Status - INACTIVE. NO ONE at Telstra can explain why the 247/7 App & Account was originally showing the correct speed boost but isn't now even though they have checked and YES my Premium Speed Boost is up and running and Active. They told me to detail the problem on this website for an explanation. I couldn't believe it ... Telstra is trying to get everyone to use these Apps but there is NO Department or Call Support Centre (so I was told) that that help explain things about the Apps or why info is displayed or not displayed. Hope someone on this site can help. Then I just have to survive 2 yrs contract before I can change over to another ISP. Probably Optus as they solved my Mb plan issues with just ONE call to AU staff who I could understand and offered small amt compensation for the frustration/hassle I had. I didn't have to argue with them and they were honest... don't get me started on Telstra re that subject as I have found out lost of customers are also complaining about the lies & deceit.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: 24/7 App Information Error

Mine has been swapping between it showing and not in MyAccount for about a week now. It used to just say "Speed Boost - Inactive" all the time, because it wasn't recognising the nbn speed boosts correctly. I can only assume that it is being intermittent while they actually try and fix the issue where it wouldn't show at all as it hasn't done for quite some time. Yesterday it was saying Inactive but tonight it is saying Active again, and I know mine is active (the luck of having FTTP means no node distance factor to worry about) so seems they are working on that one. If the bill shows premium then it would be on there, that has been the only one that has been consistently correct with it.

As far as your speed, if you want to post the line statistics the community on here can try and help isolate to ensure that it is just distance if it's wholly distance based, dropping the speed boost would be unlikely to reduce the speed that much, plus depending on your plan you might be entitled to the 50Mbps plan without any fee which would mean you should still get your max speed without dropping back to about 20Mbps.

The exact way to find your line stats does depend slightly on the exact model of Telstra gateway you are using but it should be either under http://10.0.0.138/ or http://192.168.0.1 > advance > broadband and it should give you some stats such as line speed, attenuation...

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Highlighted

Thanks DrQ for your reply. Mine was showing Active all the time for a week after they said the Speed Boost Order was completed then all of a sudden is started showing Inactive ALL of the time. There is no one (Telstra or NBN) working on the problem any more. They say the speed I have, is the speed I am stuck with.

Here are my Broadband Stats as of now are at the top of this post.. my house is less than 400 meters from the Node. Last NBN Technician that was at my house said that I "MIGHT" get faster speed once the whole area is converted over to NBN currently its status is "Co-existence". He repeated might several times.

Highlighted

Based on those stats, dropping to the 50Mbps plan would be unlikely to really result in any difference in your speed, I would be surprised if you dropped at all, and depending on if it is included in your plan or not could result in a saving of up to $30 over the premium speed boost price.

Co-Existence can cause issues, but unlikely to have a huge impact on the speed, maybe a bit but not a jump up to anywhere near 100Mbps
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Highlighted

Thanks again for your help. I was on the 50Mbps plan and Telstra upgraded me to the Premium Plan at No Charge to see if it would make a difference to my speed. Don't know if it was the cause but when they activated the Premium Boost my speed went from max 15Mbps to the current 25Mbps.
They wanted to downgrade me to the 25/5 Basic Plan to save $10 but would lose my $10 discount that was on offer at the time I took up my plan. So no savings but on lower plan for next 24 mths. I said NO but was concerned they did it anyway ..hence Telstra 24/7 & My Account not showing any speed boosts when it originally was. They said Boosts were definitely active but couldn't explain why they weren't showing. As for the Co-Existence another Technician said the same as you ...unlikely to make a big difference. So again LIES from Telstra to hope you go away and wait the 18mths before co-existence is cut off (almost all of my 24mth contract) only to find out then that the speed is the same.

Highlighted

Your line stats pretty well seem to match your speed so that is why I would expect coexistence is unlikely to be a huge impact. It can in some cases. But it seems from the stats yours is more distance from the node. NBN Co has said that once the rollout is done in 2020 they will start to do upgrades and adjustments to the network so you might find after that that you end up getting adjustments done and resulting in higher speeds, but it is hard to say exactly until they actually start doing the 'adjustments' in 2020/21...

NBN Co isn't overly fussed with speed issues at the moment, more with just getting it connected first, then fixing the issues afterwards, there are people who are under 20Mbps max speeds so they will likely get the adjustments first then it will likely move up to people just over the 25Mbps threshold they are currently working on. Hard to say though. They haven't really shared much about their plans past getting people on the network to maximise the return to NBN Co for its spend.
Helpful Links

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit