MeganAW
Level 1: Cadet

24/7

I am getting rather angry as for quite a few weeks now i am being told on 24/7 app and the Internet version that I am not the Authorized account owner and i do not have access to my own accounts and bills.

I have sent several texts to the 24/7 app support and no one knows what they are doing

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Ozmoz
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: 24/7

@MeganAW wrote:

I am getting rather angry as for quite a few weeks now i am being told on 24/7 app and the Internet version that I am not the Authorized account owner and i do not have access to my own accounts and bills.

I have sent several texts to the 24/7 app support and no one knows what they are doing

Hi @MeganAW 

The problem presently is getting hold of someone at Telstra that knows what they are doing.

I suggest you lodge a complaint via https://tel.st/4amxg Pre COVID is used to take 5 business days for a case manager to be assigned. My own personal issue via a complaint has so far taken 12 days with no case manager assigned yet. Although my issue is a doozie so will take someone with a lot of knowledge.

Your issue could be fixed in a heartbeat with the right support person.

Footnote: I dont work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.
SteveW_52

I am concerned that there have now been several instances of this type of unauthorised account change without notice or contact by Telstra. Is something more sinister occurring or are Telstra carrying out some sort of account update/migration/rebuild on the quiet that us poor customers are not aware of??

Loss of account access, change to account holder name, phone number and email without any verification with the original account holder - how can Telstra be allowing that to happen? Is our personal data at risk?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Mkrtich
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Hi - are you getting an error message saying you are "not the Authorized account owner" and therefore do not have access to your own accounts and bills when you attempt to sign in on the web version of 24/7. You may have been incorrectly locked out after too many log-in attempts. If you have pre-established an alternative email address in your Telstra profile, have you attempted to use "Recover User Name or Reset Password" links in the log-in screen?

I have no experience with that as I don't have an external email address registered in my Profile - Telstra seem to require an external email address e.g. Gmail or other - when I attempted to use my wife's Telstra's email address, it was rejected as it was linked to my primary email address as a secondary Telstra email address.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit