Highlighted
Level 6: Bloodhound

3 Hours to Unlock "My Account"

Well 3 calls to 1800 number still no closer to unlocking "My Account" the standard response is "3 hours, we will call you back "  however nobody does

Yesterday they couldn't help me due to "system issues" then it became " we are updating and cannot access our systems to help you" now it's just "3 hours"  This is becoming to sound like a broken record , here is the message I am receiving below. Does anyone at Telstra now how to help me and unlock my account?

There have been three consecutive failed attempts to log in to your account.

For security purposes your account is now locked.

Alternatively, you can contact us 1800 number for assistance.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: 3 Hours to Unlock "My Account"

Does anyone at Telstra now how to help me and unlock my account?

You simply have to wait it out. There isn't a switch or tool with which CSRs can instantly ‘unlock’ your access to Telstra Online Services, after the system locks you out temporarily for consecutive incorrect password attempts. Been there, done that myself.

Alternatively, you can contact us on 1800 number (a free call from most fixed phones) for assistance.

The CSRs on that hotline can help look up, on your behalf, the sort of information you'd see your My Account information. They can initiate certain account management actions on your behalf. They can change your Telstra Online Services password for you, but they cannot ‘unlock’ your account so that you can self-service sooner. You must ask for their help in the meantime if you want anything done to your account.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!Smiley Mad

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Towie,

The issue that you are experiecing is due to sercurity settings for failed logins.

In order to maintain the most secure site we can, a cookie is created upon the users computer in relation to a failed login, that is designed to expire around 60 mins later.

During this time, we also check the servers on our side to ensure that no data has been damaged and all secure connections are still secure.

Once the time has expired the cookie on your computer is designed to delete itself, and thus allow a login to occur again.

For whatever reason it sounds like your cookies are not deleting. I would suggest clearing your cache and cookies and see if that helps. If it does not please let me know.

Thanks

Luke

Thanks

Luke
MyAccount Manager
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

I am having the same problem (hence my "Grrrrrrrrrrr" message above).

I have phoned Telstra, I have recreated the account, I went on holidays for 2 weeks, I have cleared the cookies and still no joy.

Is it possible that the problem is that I am using Google Chrome? Are Google cookies somehow different from Internet Explorer Cookies?

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

try to login using the incognito function of the chrome web browser. If you are able to login then, it would point to some local files in your temporary net history.
Thanks

Luke
MyAccount Manager
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

After half a dozen calls to technical support and much frustration i have been locked out of my bigpond account for almost two weeks. Two of the technical suport consultants advised they have raised the issue and i would be contacted, none of which came to fruiition.

Iam notasking for much, I just want my bigpond movies service registered and working.

I have had enough of speaking with foreign tech support people, I dont have the energy to go through it again.

After some research online, it seems this isanissue thaat has been going on for quite sometime. Convieniently when I try to click on a news link describing my issue that others have confronted before me, the web browser convientlyhas aserver error.

Telstra I am very disapointed and do not recomend people to join the service if they are not prepared to be confronted with frustrating teething issues when getting set up.

please get this fixed asap or i will be lookingto cancel my subscription

Highlighted
Community Alumni (Retired)

Hi dparsons

Are you having issues just with Bigpond Movies, or with the entire of MyBIgpond? Have you tried the suggestions above to see if you can get this fixed?

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit