mulos
Level 1: Cadet

Access and Transfer of EMAIL system

Answered

Hello

We used to use for our Email System Incredimail.  This services has now shut down and I can not access all my previous emails.  We used out Telstra Email account for this account and now want to transfer all the data from Incredimail over.  Problem is Incredimail used FLASH which we all know has EOL and today the email system has stopped operating.

Any help appreciated

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Access and Transfer of EMAIL system

Yes..  time to change..

To change to another email client is a bit daunting.. choice of the client is a hard one.. you need to make sure it is good to work with the Telstra/Bigpond servers, and look at how emails can be imported and exported, whether there are email filtering rules etc/

1. Outlook from the Office suite is good, but maybe too much cost, although you can subscribe to it for a monthly cost..

2. Thunderbird is a good one as well, but is being discontinued soon..

3. Mailspring works OK but the interface is a little awkward until you get the hang of it..

4. There are others, but I am not familiar with them..

You can also use the clients built into IOS and Windows 10 but the Windows one is a bit limited in what it can do and importing/exporting email isn't the easiest..

Something to bear in mind is that Telstra seems to be moving away from providing an email service (new customers no longer get an email address assigned) plus it is increasingly unreliable..  so you should perhaps consider moving to an online email service such as GMail or Outlook.com (as opposed to the Office application)..  yes, it is a PITA to change emails, but do it early enough and you will be ready to go BEFORE you have to do it..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
SteveW_52
Accepted Solution

Yes..  time to change..

To change to another email client is a bit daunting.. choice of the client is a hard one.. you need to make sure it is good to work with the Telstra/Bigpond servers, and look at how emails can be imported and exported, whether there are email filtering rules etc/

1. Outlook from the Office suite is good, but maybe too much cost, although you can subscribe to it for a monthly cost..

2. Thunderbird is a good one as well, but is being discontinued soon..

3. Mailspring works OK but the interface is a little awkward until you get the hang of it..

4. There are others, but I am not familiar with them..

You can also use the clients built into IOS and Windows 10 but the Windows one is a bit limited in what it can do and importing/exporting email isn't the easiest..

Something to bear in mind is that Telstra seems to be moving away from providing an email service (new customers no longer get an email address assigned) plus it is increasingly unreliable..  so you should perhaps consider moving to an online email service such as GMail or Outlook.com (as opposed to the Office application)..  yes, it is a PITA to change emails, but do it early enough and you will be ready to go BEFORE you have to do it..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..

View solution in original post

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

You really should have done this before March 2020 when they shut down Incredimail as an ongoing service. It was just dumb luck that the software kept operating this long.

Your previous emails are stuck in the Incredimail storage file and the only way to retrieve them is to try one of the (unverified) converters to convert it from the Incredimail file to a .pst file.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
SteveW_52

I wasn't sure from the post if they were just using Incredimail as a client, or storing all the email there..  I guessed they might still be using their Telstra/Bigpond account and using another client, would be able to download anything that was still on that server.

If they were using Incredimail, then they might be able to import it to the new client, but that can be a bit hit and miss, not to mention time consuming, in my experience  Smiley Frustrated

Stevo 52
Jupiter

The Incredimail client stores the downloaded emails on their computer.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit