CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

account security

Received below email saying from Telstra. Is this legitimate? If so I have a problem as I haven't been in My Account for past few weeks so it wasn't me accessing my account. (had  my name in it but I have deleted that for this post. 

Hi xxxxxxxxx,

We're writing to let you know that xxxxxxx has recently completed a telstra.com online registration to access your account.

This registration provides access to your account details, bills and services in My Account and other Telstra online services.

If you have any queries or concerns about this registration, please contact us via Live Chat at livechat.telstra.com/TB:AR:MyAccount:Register

Best Regards,

Telstra Online Services Team.

Please note that this email is an automated notification and is unable to receive replies.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

We'd love to hear your suggestions on improving how we interact with you online - just let us know on our CrowdSupport forum (login required) at telstra.com/ideas

Protecting your privacy is important to us.  You can view our Privacy Statement at telstra.com/privacy

CrowdSupport is a registered trade mark of Telstra Corporation Limited ABN 33 051 775 556

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: account security

If you go to https://livechat.telstra.com/TB:AR:MyAccount:Register

then they will be able to have a look at your account and see what is going on. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @mika5,

Were you able to get through via Live Chat for assistance? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I've got exactly same email today. Is there an official answer for this email's legitimacy?

Highlighted

The legitimacy of the email can only be verified on an account by account basis (the text marches what Telstra sends). Either call 132200 or try Livechat and ask a consultant if anyone has tried to register access to your account. 

It can't be confirmed via this forum. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit