Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Account Settings - Page Not Found

Answered

I'm currently unable to add my new service to my account profile, as the account settings page appears to be showing a 404 error for page not found over the last week, as shown below in the attached image. 

Is there an alternative way to add an account to my profile? I've considered making a new Telstra account, but don't really want to go down that road, because my service is attached to the email address used for the Telstra account. The older styled billing area does not appear to provid help either, as the add account option there redirects me to the newer style 24x7 app. 

As a side note, so far the only customer service I've received is from a poor overworked robot (please let 'codi' sleep sometime), who has not provided any assistance what so ever, and actively refuses to allow contact to a real human.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Account Settings - Page Not Found

Firstly I've resolved my issue. I had to create a new account and link the service during the account creation process. Sorry if this won't work for you, but it's the only way forward I can find. 

Secondly, the customer service from Telstra has been horrible. No other company I've had to deal with recently has used Covid-19 as an excuse to not help people. It might take longer, but at least they seem to exist. 

• The automated voice on the phone line often hangs up on me, without offering assistance.
  • Saying the same thing on the phone service results in different outcomes, usually not helpful. 
  • When given a number to call about my mobile service, it connected to the internet help desk, who said they couldn't help, and that no one was around from mobile. 
  • The 24/7 online chat refers you to the mobile application, which nobody responds to. The online chat is also useless, as any troubleshooting steps Codi offers you don't appear to have "It didn't work" as an answer - only help me understand, or "it worked"
  •  The "Smart Troubleshooter" link from the support page showed a "page does not exist" error. 
  • Every second link seems to refer you to the support page - even if the link has nothing to do with support. 
  • The online billing system didn't work at all - it was so broken I had to pay by phone. 
  • While offering to help in a customer forum looks nice, having gone two weeks without an update, or even a support ticket makes me think this was a token gesture. 
  • My original order number was not in the expected format for it to work online. Trying to adjust it so that it actually submitted did not result in activation. 
  • It took 6 tries of saying the same things before suddenly I ended up being able to activate on the phone. 
  • If the automated support line hangs up on you, and you call back immediately, it occasionally hangs up immediately. 
  • Sending me a link to the app is no help when I can't sign into the app, and no-one answers on the same day. 
  • I think I got an answer on the app once, but it started a new conversation, because it was three days later, and I lost the contact point. 

Essentially, no Telstra has worked correctly, other than the actual phone connection. I have *never* dealt with a service provider that is this unhelpful, and just not there in general. I'm sorry for all the Customer Support staff, because it's clear that you're under resourced and Telstra doesn't take your role seriously. 

I'll leave my original account open, so that if I ever get help I can share it to this thread - as it seems that customer service is just run by customers here. 

- Krotiuz

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Hi @Krotiuz 

I've referred your issue to a super helpful Telstra person :-)

Hopefully, it will be resolved quickly :-)

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Same problem across web and app. 

The chat bot was next to useless. Been waiting 24hrs for a human to help assist.

I assume the link from my telstra-id to customer accounts is broken and needs technical help.

Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Krotiuz 

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble you're having with My Account. Could I please confirm the steps you're taking to get to this page, and at what step in the process this is occurring?

For example, this could be:
Then at this point, the error is displayed? Or is it appearing prior to the Add Account step?

As there are a couple of ways to get to the Account Settings page, understanding how you are reaching this error will help the team troubleshoot the issue. 

I really appreciate any further detail you can provide, thank you!

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines.

Highlighted

Hi @ashliem

Thanks for commenting. 

I've been attempting access from the account overview page, and have been unable to access the account settings page at all. 

Using your example above this is: 

To be more specific:

Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Krotiuz 

Thank you for providing that information! 

I've shared this detail with the team to investigate. I'll be sure to update this thread with any new information as I receive it. 

Thanks again!

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines.

Highlighted

A follow-up, now that my bill is due, I've realised that this is actually preventing me from being able to pay online. 

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Firstly I've resolved my issue. I had to create a new account and link the service during the account creation process. Sorry if this won't work for you, but it's the only way forward I can find. 

Secondly, the customer service from Telstra has been horrible. No other company I've had to deal with recently has used Covid-19 as an excuse to not help people. It might take longer, but at least they seem to exist. 

• The automated voice on the phone line often hangs up on me, without offering assistance.
  • Saying the same thing on the phone service results in different outcomes, usually not helpful. 
  • When given a number to call about my mobile service, it connected to the internet help desk, who said they couldn't help, and that no one was around from mobile. 
  • The 24/7 online chat refers you to the mobile application, which nobody responds to. The online chat is also useless, as any troubleshooting steps Codi offers you don't appear to have "It didn't work" as an answer - only help me understand, or "it worked"
  •  The "Smart Troubleshooter" link from the support page showed a "page does not exist" error. 
  • Every second link seems to refer you to the support page - even if the link has nothing to do with support. 
  • The online billing system didn't work at all - it was so broken I had to pay by phone. 
  • While offering to help in a customer forum looks nice, having gone two weeks without an update, or even a support ticket makes me think this was a token gesture. 
  • My original order number was not in the expected format for it to work online. Trying to adjust it so that it actually submitted did not result in activation. 
  • It took 6 tries of saying the same things before suddenly I ended up being able to activate on the phone. 
  • If the automated support line hangs up on you, and you call back immediately, it occasionally hangs up immediately. 
  • Sending me a link to the app is no help when I can't sign into the app, and no-one answers on the same day. 
  • I think I got an answer on the app once, but it started a new conversation, because it was three days later, and I lost the contact point. 

Essentially, no Telstra has worked correctly, other than the actual phone connection. I have *never* dealt with a service provider that is this unhelpful, and just not there in general. I'm sorry for all the Customer Support staff, because it's clear that you're under resourced and Telstra doesn't take your role seriously. 

I'll leave my original account open, so that if I ever get help I can share it to this thread - as it seems that customer service is just run by customers here. 

- Krotiuz

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Having the same trouble with My Account for the last month. I am unable to make changes to the account or speak to somebody about this.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit