Gab2y
Level 1: Cadet

Can't access MyAccount

I recently signed up for a BYO plan with Telstra. I was a Telstra customer previously but ported to a different provider for a few years but have now ported back. 

I went online after opening the account to register for My Telstra ID. I put in my email address - which happens to be the same one I had used on my old Telstra account, but it is still my primary email address. However it came up with that there was already a Telstra ID attached to the email address and prompted me to login using that address.

I logged in (after resetting my password because I had forgotten what my old password was) and it signed in but straightaway went to a page prompting me to add a new account because there was no account associated with the ID. I went through the form putting in my account number and phone number but it would keep ending up in an error code - CRS-ERROR-02. 

I tried different browsers on my phone and laptop, reinstalled the Telstra app, but nothing has worked.

Finally a team member at my local Telstra store put a complaint in for me so someone could actually help me. This was on the 16th January. Since then I've been going back and forth with my case manager and she has escalated it a few times but Telstra is saying there is no ID registered to my email address. Today, 2nd February, I got an update about the last escalation and that it was unsuccessful and that there was now nothing they could really do. I was directed to either create a new email account to be able to create a Telstra ID or to go to CrowdSupport. 

I have tried using my student email to create an ID which was successful but when it tried to add my account to that ID it came up with the error code CRS-ERROR-02 or CRS-ERROR-01.

I would also really like to avoid having to create an email account for this one thing.

Can anyone help? I'm really at the end of my rope with this and will be changing providers if this doesn't get resolved.

If needed my Case Number is 05520086

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
MattyC
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Can't access MyAccount

Thanks for your patience in this. That case is closed; did we send an email detailing possible next steps? Please check your junk folder. - Matthew. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Gab2y

Hi Matthew,

Yes I did receive the email of next steps.

They suggested opening a new email account to use as the username. I have since opened an outlook account to see if I could create a new Telstra ID but after I entered my account number and details it went to  error code - REG-ERROR-02.

They also suggested going to crowdsupport for help.

JayVee1
Support Team
Support Team

Hey Gab2y,

REG-ERROR-02 means that your contact details with Telstra do not include an email address or mobile number. All you need to do is get in touch and update these details on your account then you will be able to register for a Telstra ID.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Gab2y

Hey JayVee1,

I just tried calling to do this but got absolutely nowhere. I've also tried messaging but still get nowhere. When I called they just said that I should try registering again at a different time or escalating the case with the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman. 

I tried explaining that I had used a different email as the username but still got the error and that you had suggested the cause being that there are no contact details attached to the account (which seems crazy to me as I've been receiving my bills to the correct email address), however they just brushed me off going there's nothing they could do. 

All I want to do is to be able to manage my account online. 

CRS-ERROR-02-Ma

I keep getting the same issue. It's great.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit