Ireland1
Level 1: Cadet

Cancel My Account

Hi, 

I’ve been trying to cancel my Telstra account for the past week. I’ve returned to Ireland and was told by multiple store representatives that I would be able to cancel my account online, without issue. I’ve tried calling Telstra, the 24/7 chat (which is unavailable), submitting complaints, Facebook and Instagram with no response. Has anyone actually managed to contact Telstra or get any sort

of response? I’m extremely frustrated at this stage as I am expected to pay for a service I don’t want and am actively trying to cancel. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Cancel My Account

The stores were wrong. There is no online option to cancel a service.

Other than calling +61 434 125 109 (free call from a Telstra phone), you can also try messaging Telstra through the "My Telstra" app on your mobile. Go to the "Get Help" tab and then click on the messaging icon that is in the bottom right hand corner.

It's not instantaneous chat, but you can leave a message and someone will respond.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Ireland1
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Cancel My Account

Thanks for your message. I’ve actually tried that chat a few days ago and haven’t gotten a response but I’ll try again. I know Telstra are working at a reduced capacity but it’s frustrating that I haven’t even gotten a message back from anything to acknowledge my issue.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit