Level 1: Cadet

Cancelled Service due to faulty services and unstable of NBN, STILL CHARGED EARLY TERMINATION

I DID HAVE A PLAN NBN AND HOME PHONE BUNDLE WITH TELSTRA FOR 24 MONTHS IN JAN 2018. BUT FROM THE TIME MY PLAN STARTED, MY NBN AND HOME PHONE DOES NOT WORK, LATER TELSTRA FIX MY HOME PHONE, AND THE NBN SPEED IS STILL UNSTABLE, AND EVEN HAVE NO INTERNET AS ALL. LATER, I RECEIVED A LETTER FROM TELSTRA, THAT I CAN CANCEL MY PLAN WITHOUT ANY PENALTY, OR ANY EARLY TERMINATION CHARGE. THAT WHY I CHANGES MY PLAN TO OPTUS. HOWEVER, I JUST CHECK MY EMAIL TODAY. AND I FIND OUT THAT TELSTRA DID SEND ME A BILL WITH THE AMOUNT OF $562.28, WHICH INCLUDED $310.76 (EARLY TERMINATION CHARGES FOR 24 MONTH BUNDLE CONTRACT, AND $145.02 (BUNDLE GATEAWAY CONTRACT CANCELLATION, $165.74 (TELSTRA TV2 CONTACT CANCELLATION) AND A CREDIT OF $74.25 (ADJUSTMENT - HOME INTERNET ENTERTAINMENT) THIS IS REALLY TERRIBLE SERVICES I HAVE NEVER SEEN IN AUSTRALIA. I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT TELSTRA IS A COMPANY LIKE THAT. YOU GUY SENT TO CUSTOMER AND TELL THEM BECAUSE OF YOUR SERVICES UNSTABLE, THEN CUSTOMERS HAVE RIGHT TO CANCEL THEIR PLAN WITHOUT PENALTY OR EARLY CANCELLATION CHARGE. BUT, ON THE OTHER HAND, YOU GUY SENT TO CUSTOMER A BILL INCLUDED PENALTY/ EARLY TERMINATION CHARGE, WHEN CUSTOMER CHANGE TO OTHER SUPPLIER. COULD YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME, AND PLEASE REVISES MY BILL AND SEND ME A NEW BILL WITHOUT PENALTY. IF I STILL HAVE NOT HEARD FROM YOU GUY BY NEXT MONDAY (19/03/2018), THEN I WILL REPORT MY PROBLEM TO "telecommunications industry ombudsman", AND I WILL PUBLIC MY PROBLEM TO PRODUCT REVIEW WEBSITE. <removed for your privacy> THANKS

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Cancelled Service due to faulty services and unstable of NBN, STILL CHARGED EARLY TERMINATION

One: Stop shouting. It makes your post very hard to read.

Two: you will not get the issue resolved through this forum directly.

Three: You need to call 132200 and speak to Billing, there should be a reference number of the letter that you received with regards to the offer to terminate your contract without the ETC. Give this number to the consultant and they should be able to find the details. They should be able to remove the ETC. They should probably be able to remove all the charges assuming that the Telstra TV and modem were included free in your bundle.

Four: If you cannot get the situation resolved with Billing, you can then lodge a formal complaint (again, through 132200 and ask for "Complaints" at the prompt. This will get you a single point of contact to get the problem resolved (can take a couple of weeks for resolution).

Five: If you can't get a resolution through complaints, you can then lodge a complaint with the TIO www.tio.com.au (but you need to lodge the formal complaint with Telstra first).

Six: Threats are a waste of time on a site where it is primarily customers helping out other customers with getting their problems sorted. For two reasons: you are ranting in the wrong place, and we will ignore the rant and just offer you the advice that you need.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
ShannonD
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Cancelled Service due to faulty services and unstable of NBN, STILL CHARGED EARLY TERMINATION

Hi @26101976

Please call 132200 between 8am-9:30pm AEST then say "Disconnect" when prompted & we'll be able to investigate what's happened & ensure your account has been finalised.

If you're having trouble getting this resolved or investigated, you're welcome to raise a complaint through our online form via https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint so a dedicated case manager can be assigned to work with you to help resolve the matter.

Upon submitting, you can expect contact within 5 business days & we'll aim to resolve within 10 business days. Depending on the issue, in some cases it may take longer to resolve. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit