JoelMD
Level 1: Cadet

Cancelling my account - COVID

Telstra,

I have been with you for 15 years and now I have tried to work with you to upgrade to nbn without luck so I moved on. I have cancelled my account 4 times via a chat bot  (twice) and email (twice) (only options Telstra offered due to COVID issues with no person / phone support. 

I called today as I got a bill for the month of June and I was just told by a staff at telstra after waiting 30mins that my account remains active.

I am currently on hold and its been 2 hours and 10mins speaking who said it wont be long as they can not cancel my account - need a different team and I'm in the waiting line.

I have taken screen shots of the wait time and the chat bot cancelling my account weeks ago but really find this disappointing after paying for a service for 15 years.

In the last three months my wife had better wifi on her phone with someone else than we got with our $90 cable broadband ... so please someone .... cancel my account and stop sending me bills for a service that should be cancelled.

I can't stay on hold any longer.......

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Ozmoz
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Cancelling my account - COVID

Hi @JoelMD 

No one here on Crowd Support has access to customer accounts. It is just a forum.

Unfortunately, you will have to deal with the long wait times until resolved.

My body's absorbed so much hand sanitizer that when I pee, it cleans the toilet. 🙂

Footnote: I dont work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit