SBryan
Level 1: Cadet

Cannot access Emails through webmail

Answered

Hi,

So about 4 Months ago i went instore to get home broadband for my house. the man instore provided me with all the details including an email and password. nothing wrong with the internet but fast forward a few months and i get a text saying that i havent been reading my emails. My sons are the only ones that use the internet so i get one of them to log into MyAccount no worries there but when logging into WebMail i either get a message saying technical fault or access denied. yet i still recieve texts saying i havent read any emails they have sent me. I went on further to update my email to my sons email yet he hasnt recieved any. Is the fact i cant access my bigpond emails through webmail a problem here? or is simply using the telstra update email tool going to fix that 

Sorry for any inconvenience

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brodie_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot access Emails through webmail

Hey SBryan,

If you don't want to use the emails, you don't have to, it's likely the notification you received is to let you know it will deactivate if it's not used.

Brodie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
SBryan

So i just checked it says that my email inbox has not been activated, i guess this is the problem but i am yet to find out how to solve this problem
DEANJA
Level 23: Superhero

Good evening SB, I hope I'm reading you correctly there, that in fact you haven't at anytime actually used the email address as such.

If this is the case I'd suggest that you take a look at the following CS link, you'll see steps there and links to actually setup for use your Bigpond email account: http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Bigpond-Email-Inc-Windows-Live/How-To-Set-Up-Your-BigPond-Emai...

I would especially highlight with you this link, for confirming your details: http://messaging.bigpond.com/

And: https://webmail.bigpond.com/webedge/do/oldlogin

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
SBryan

hey thanks for the quick reply, does that mean that i have to set up the email in outlook/mail etc.. rather then webmail as i still get the technical failure?
SBryan

and i have never accessed the email in myaccount it says that an email inbox has never been created thats why i updated my email to my sons email so i would actually recieve the emails
Brodie_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hey SBryan,

If you don't want to use the emails, you don't have to, it's likely the notification you received is to let you know it will deactivate if it's not used.

Brodie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

View solution in original post

ozijoe

Tonight, all my emails throuigh bigpond dropped out and cannot log in as it will not accept the password and telstra are too busy to field the inquiry through its chat

Steph
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi ozijoe

This issue should be fixed now - sorry for the downtime

grb1
Level 2: Rookie

when I try to login to web mail all I get is a blank screen with three small grey flashing dots in the middle. 

Generally I access email from my laptop via MS outlook but noticed that since the migration, to telstra mail from bigpond, the emails accessed this way remained on the POP server. There are now over 1500 emailson the pop server, including junk, phishing and scam emails sitting on the pop server and the only way i can clear them is from my mobile phone 10 at a time.

Very frustrating and NO help from telstra over the past year or so

AlistairQWA
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi grb1,

If you configure your mail program as an IMAP server then any changes made on your mail program will be synced up on the server unlike the POP configuration

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/email/set-up/imap-pop-and-smtp-information-for-manual-em...

- AlistairQWA

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit