Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Cant contact telstra at all!

Hey, i need some help ideas. I cant contact anyone from telstra, due to "covid" they wont let me call. The website live chat directs me to the app, then the app directs me to the main site.

I need to disconnect my service for a certain date (because im moving into a house with a pre-existing internet plan) 

Any suggestions on how i can contact anyone because this is an utter joke!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 16: Secret Agent

Re: Cant contact telstra at all!

Hi @Someguy1 

The way you used to Disconnect Telstra Services, Was by calling 132200 and when prompted for the reason for your call say "disconnection"

The hours I have been told they are open is 7:30am - 7:30pm 7days! SA time.

Some people are saying this doesn't work anymore.

I would appreciate your feed back on this.

Rohan

I don't work for Telstra, Never have, I am just a Telstra customer like you.
So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Which I am always happy to be corrected on.
Rohan
Highlighted

When trying to do this, you get a voice prompt saying "due to covid, you need to contact through the app or site" so its a constant loop. I even complained on the site to which im still waiting for a phone call from telstra. They are utterly useless

I may need to go into a telstra store, however im not sure if they can help with disconnecting.

Highlighted

Just a comment i'm no help sorry. Good luck with the Telstra shop. They couldn't help me to redirect my landline to my mobile, due to the current situation.

but you are right about going around in a loop because that is what has happened to me in trying to arrange a redirection as my landline isn't working.

Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen). If Codi tries to direct you somewhere else, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should get transferred to the queue to chat to a human. Responses can take a few hours.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit