Cactoblastus
Level 1: Cadet

Change Telstra Account contact number

For some reason my contact phone number is for an old mobile. When I try to update my details I can login with my PIN but when I try to update the phone number it sends a PIN to the old phone number. So I seem to be stuck in a loop and can’t work out how to fix it. Any advice would be appreciated. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Dowser
Level 20: Director
Level 20: Director

Re: Change Telstra Account contact number

I started a test of the process by signing into the Telstra homepage with Sign in > My Telstra  > profile > personal details > mobile number > update

I do not have a PIN set up, so I clicked on “Send me a one-time code instead”

which it then offers to do via SMS or email, but it also asks “Do we have the wrong mobile or email details?

Message us to update details”

(I stopped at this point)

Presumably you could select the email option mentioned, or message Support.

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Change Telstra Account contact number

As @Dowser pointed out, you can select either the email option or chat with customer support (which could cause problems if they also insist on sending a one time code for verification).

The other option is to go into a Telstra Store (make an appointment ahead of time by going to the store's page -> https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Find-your-nearest-Telstra-Retail/ct-p/tstore ) and take your Photo ID with you and they can change the contact number for you.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit