Digstar
Level 3: Gumshoe

Changing Password on an old Telstra Email due to postmaster@mx.bigpond.com

Answered

Currently having issues with spam one of which is shown if full below. The email address in question I have tried to change the password but can not find the options to do so. The email account/address was created prior to using Bigpond as my ISP and the only email accounts that show up are new ones.

Oddly enough I can access my Bigpond/Telstra account with my old email address and password but can not change the password even though I was required to create a new email address and password when signing up with Bigpond. Any help would be greatly appreciated as my old email address may have been compromised and could be used to access all other Telstra/Bigpond services I use.

I have currently received over 800 spam emails similar to the one below and although I use Thunderbird filters to remove the bulk of them, I am concerned about a potential security breach of my account.

This Message was undeliverable due to the following reason:

Each of the following recipients was rejected by a remote mail server.
The reasons given by the server are included to help you determine why
each recipient was rejected.

Recipient: <fr012114@hc.cc.keio.ac.jp>
    Reason:    5.1.1 <fr012114@hc.cc.keio.ac.jp>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown

Recipient: <fr040931@hc.cc.keio.ac.jp>
    Reason:    5.1.1 <fr040931@hc.cc.keio.ac.jp>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown

Recipient: <fr041934@hc.cc.keio.ac.jp>
    Reason:    5.1.1 <fr041934@hc.cc.keio.ac.jp>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown

Recipient: <fr042085@hc.cc.keio.ac.jp>
    Reason:    5.1.1 <fr042085@hc.cc.keio.ac.jp>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown

Please reply to <Postmaster@mx.bigpond.com>
if you feel this message to be in error.

The original message has been removed from the bounce message.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennL
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: Changing Password on an old Telstra Email due to postmaster@mx.bigpond.com

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
GlennL
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Digstar
Level 3: Gumshoe

Thank you for the reply. The linked page didn't send an email for me to update my password however I did find and fix the issue after going into My Account and changing my password in the "Personal Details" tab /rolleyes should have looked more carefully earlier lol Smiley LOL

Cas-Ra
Support Team
Support Team

No worries, glad it's all sorted Digstar Smiley Wink 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit