john4905
Level 1: Cadet

Closing NBN account

How do I close my NBN account now that I am changing providors ?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Closing NBN account

the way telsta is now you can't' they do not talk to you as there service is so bad. h

@john4905 wrote:

How do I close my NBN account now that I am changing providors ?

Have been trying to cancel for a couple of weeks but imposible to get through. waited on the phone but seem to get cut off after 1/2 hour. tried messenger but never finnish with an opperater.

SQ2016

Contact your new provider they should be able to do that for you

Kjorg
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @john4905

Thank you for your post. 

You do not need to contact Telstra directly. 

The service will cancel the day it transfers to a new provider, you will then recieve a pro rata bill for usage up until disconnection, along with any possible early termination charges.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

if it cancels when i start with the new supplier why is my account stil open.

and tells me how many days i have left in this month.

it is just bad service and your info is incorrect.

Kjorg
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @01021

Unfortunetly no one here on CrowdSupport has access to your account so I can't answer that question.

If that is the case, you will need to contact 132200, however there are significant wait times currently. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

jhwiz
Level 19: Deputy Director

@01021 the service cancelling and your account status are two different matters, your account will remain open, if you have no other Telstra services or do not wish to connect any in the near future you can call to close it, but as above there are significant wait times.

While I am a Telstra employee, I am not an official Telstra representative on CrowdSupport. My opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Telstra.

well why is my account  open and telling me how many days left for this month

@Kjorg wrote:

Hi @john4905

Thank you for your post. 

You do not need to contact Telstra directly. 

The service will cancel the day it transfers to a new provider, you will then recieve a pro rata bill for usage up until disconnection, along with any possible early termination charges.

you have to be kidding me. Ihave spent hours on my phone to them with no reply.

i have even put in 2 complaints but noone gets in touch

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit