CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Compaints team unable to be contacted

In an attempt to plan ahead I've organised for my internet and home phone to be disconnected 1 month from now as I will be moving house.  Surprise, surprise, it was mishandled, somehow they have deactivated my bigpond email account immediately and I get a redirection telling me it's inactive when accessing via webmail.  I've a number of very important emails on the server which I can no longer access and new emails are bouncing.  After speaking with technical support an order was placed for the re-connection and asked to wait 1 to 2 hrs, then 24hrs, then when still not available another 24hrs.  At this point I desperately escalated to complaints to see if they could sort it out.  I'm then told my disconnection order was blocking the re-connection order, I would need to cancel my disconnection order and wait 48hrs , then a further 24hrs for the re-connection order to take effect.  Well after all that still no joy with my email.  It's been a week without access to email and I'm starting to get concerned my email will be unable to be recovered which would be disastrous.  I've followed up with complaints this morning to be told they will call me back in an hour, that was six hours ago.  I then tried calling again to be told complaints case managers cannot be directly contacted, additionally once you have been assigned a complaints manager the issue cannot be handled by anyone else.  If it were not for my email content stored on the server I'd just give up, pay my last bill and add to the other list of gripes I have with the Telstra service over the years.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye

Re: Compaints team unable to be contacted

Usually reconnecting emails that have been disconnected too early is a quick fix.

Things tend to get a bit messy when orders get stuck and need the assistance of IT to fix the issue. And yes, once you raise a complaint sometimes that means that you only have your complaints manager as point of contact which can be tough if you feel as though you are not being contacted within arranged times.

Ensure they have your correct contact details and, when possible, ask for an email of confirmation about when you will be contacted BEFORE you end a call to an agent because you then will have confirmation you can present if you have to escalate.

Hope it gets resolved quickly.

Highlighted

Thanks for your advice LenOval,

It's just that if my complaints manager is my only point of contact and I'm told that case managers cannot be contacted directly, I therefore effectively have no point of contact which I find just as frustrating as my email incorrectly being deactivated.  I'm only allowed to leave messages which will hopefully be passed on.

Highlighted

Still no contact from my complaints case manager, issue still not resolved.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi frustrated49,

This is certainly disappointing to hear, we do apologise. We'd like to find out what's going on with your call back. Do you happen to have an SR reference on hand at all?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

SR1-1300653759593

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Thank you - I've emailed your case manager Ejie and their team leader requesting follow-up on this return call as soon as possible.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

Still not heard from case manager, it has been 12 days and several messages.  Today is another day of not being able to access my email content.  I'm in the middle of property settlements and I cant access contracts for the sale of my house, contract for the purchase of property, council building permits, bills, credit card statements, oh and the Telstra bill, how hard is it to call me.  This is getting ridiculous.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Frustrated49,

It is my understanding we put in a request for you to be contacted as soon as possible. Regrettably, as we do not have access to the case manager's schedule, we cannot guarantee a time for the call and allow 48hrs before following it up again.

We appreciate this is incredibly tedious in the middle of what is an already frustrating experience. Please do let us know if you are not contacted tomorrow and we will follow up further.

Highlighted

Seriously, I've already requested that the case manager contact me and I have waited 12 days with no response, your requesting another 48hrs just to contact me, not necessarily to fix the issue.  I find it difficult to believe that this is the only person in the whole of Telstra who is capable of resolving this issue.  A simple solution would be to assign a new case manager or having the team leader contact me considering it has been 12 days with no contact after repeated requests.

Please understand that this is a matter of urgency, I did not cause the issue, it was an error at Telstra's end.  Waiting 12 days for the case manager to simply contact me is not acceptable and does not display any haste in resolving an issue wholly create by Telstra.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

I have contacted the case manager's manager and shared your post with them, requesting you are contacted at the earliest convenience. Keep us in the loop.

Highlighted

Still waiting to be contacted and issue still not resolved. 13 days now since I was supposed to be contacted. Sigh....

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hey Frustrated49, sorry you have yet to be contacted, we did get a reply to our request that an attempt has been made which got your voicemail, we've requested they try again.

Highlighted

Not true, no missed calls.  I assume this means I have to wait another 48hrs?

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

As we don't have access to their work rosters Frustrated49 we're unable to advise with more certainty than 48 hours, I did request of their Team Leader, who I copied in the email chain, that they have another team member action my request if the original is unavailable for any reason.

Highlighted

Really, another 2 days, I cannot help but get the feeling that I'm being fobbed off here.  The cycle of requesting contact and being asked to wait another 48hrs needs to end.  This would make it 15 days just to simply give me a call and provide an update to what is being done about my issue.  Could someone please call me immediately and provide an update, I desperately require the email data on the server.

Highlighted

Re: Complaints team unable to be contacted

It is with no real surprise that my case manager never did contact me, but no need for unhelpful requests asking me to wait another 48hrs.

For the sake of others who find themselves in similar situations, with absolutley no help from Telstra I managed to find the form "Contact the Office of the CEO" form, link below

https://service.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/contact-ceo-form

Fortunately, someone from this office responded the following morning, provided their contact number and properly case managed the issue to resolution within a couple of days.

So after:

• Speaking to at least 20 different Telstra consultants
  • 8 - 10 hrs of my time on the phone trying to resolve the issue
  • Countless fruitless requests for my case manager to get in contact with me to provide an update
  • 20 days of my email address bouncing
  • 20 days of being unable to access email data

Telstra have graced me with a $40 credit for all the trouble I've been through, many thanks Telstra, give yourselves a big pat on the back.  After moving house later this month I'll need to choose internet / phone provides, my options are becoming clearer.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit