Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Concerned about possible fraud re online access to my Telstra account

Hi,

I received the email below this evening which appears genuine. Someone has completed an online registration to my account and it wasn't me. I'm concerned that they now have access to my telstra accounts and what this means from a security perspective.
It's late at night now and have tried to contact Telstra via chat or phone without success. 

The [name removed] in the email is my name

Hi [name removed],

We're writing to let you know that [name removed] has recently completed a telstra.com online registration to access your account.

This registration provides access to your account details, bills and services in My Account and other Telstra online services.

If you have any queries or concerns about this registration, please contact us via Live Chat at livechat.telstra.com/TB:AR:MyAccount:Register

Best Regards,

Telstra Online Services Team.

Please note that this email is an automated notification and is unable to receive replies.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

We'd love to hear your suggestions on improving how we interact with you online - just let us know on our CrowdSupport forum (login required) at telstra.com/ideas

Protecting your privacy is important to us.  You can view our Privacy Statement at telstra.com/privacy

CrowdSupport is a registered trade mark of Telstra Corporation Limited ABN 33 051 775 556

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Concerned about possible fraud re online access to my Telstra account

You can use the messaging function within the My Telstra app on your mobile to get in touch as well (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen). You can mark the issue as urgent by clicking on the icon in the top right of the message screen.

Note: it's not an instant chat type messaging (most of the time).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Concerned about possible fraud re online access to my Telstra account

I received a very well detailed email from Telstra Cyber Security explaining why this occurred and no longer concerned now.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit