Poulus
Level 1: Cadet

Covid via telephone

It has become clear to me that Telstra is convinced that the Covid virus is transferable over the telephone... not a single human being can be contacted anymore via support channels, phone nor chatbots, and the latter (chatbots) are stuck in their closing msg "sorry I do not understand, do you want to return to the main menu" reiterating in endless loops. do we need to continue to pay for this absence of services?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Covid via telephone

In the chatbot, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human.

As far as not being able to talk on the phone, they don't currently have enough staff to be able to cover the volume of calls as their major call centres are still on reduced capacity.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Covid via telephone

Over a year ago,before the virus situation,  I read that Telstra management wanted to digitise customer service to reduce costs.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit