FrednGinger
Level 1: Cadet

Data useage -

My Telstra account brings up an alert that data useage tables are not currently available on my account.

At this point also, my data useage is being hacked.  

How can I correct this - what passwords and security do I have to set on my account to ensure its safety?

Is the alert on my account indicative that someone is hacking my data perhaps?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Dowser
Level 20: Director
Level 20: Director

Re: Data useage -

Are you accessing your account information via the Telstra homepage or the My Telstra app?.

Are you referring to mobile or broadband data?.

Cas-Ra
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Data useage -

Hi @FrednGinger so there are more probable causes for what you've described to consider before hacking. 

I'd first recommend refreshing your My Account which may clear up the reporting display issue there.

Start by uninstalling the My Telstra App. Using specifically your account number (not service number or email), click on recover username here: Manage My Account. Once you have that, reset your password from the same link.

Then reinstall the My Telstra App, and login with your refreshed details and see if you still have those issues. If you are still having troubles we can escalate that for you under Get Help>Messaging so our My Account team can take a closer look for you.

As for your data itself what's happening there that made you think you were being hacked? And are you referring to home broadband, or mobile data?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit