Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Do I have to end my old contract when my new iPhone5 rocks up?

Answered

Hi gang,

Wondering whether I need to kill off my old contract when my new iPhone 5 arrives or whether there is a 'natural' change over that takes place when my new phone is activated?

Cheers

NT

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Do I have to end my old contract when my new iPhone5 rocks up?

It is a natural change over, but if you cancel your contract before your minimum term’s ended, you must pay an early termination charge (ETC). You can elect to pay a portion of the ETC each month until the end of your contract or pay a lump sum to end the contract immediately. 

The ETC can be different for every individual plan and mobile handset, so we can’t provide an estimate here. To find out what your ETC is, call 1800 303 302 or visit a Telstra store  near you. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

It is a natural change over, but if you cancel your contract before your minimum term’s ended, you must pay an early termination charge (ETC). You can elect to pay a portion of the ETC each month until the end of your contract or pay a lump sum to end the contract immediately. 

The ETC can be different for every individual plan and mobile handset, so we can’t provide an estimate here. To find out what your ETC is, call 1800 303 302 or visit a Telstra store  near you. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I'm running an old school iPhone 3 - so I'm well out of contract as I was waiting for the #5 to arrive!

THANKS! Smiley Happy

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit