6Libby6
Level 2: Rookie

email account problem

My email had been deleted & when messaging virtual assistant just now via my Telstra app, he said it was a server problem & was reinstating my account.

When i went to change my password, it states my ex husbands name on message & not mine. What is going on that his name is on my account & evidently, he was able to delete my email account in the first instance.

I want this remedied immediately.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: email account problem

It is possible that in the repair to the server, they have restored an older backup, wherein your ex's details are included..  was he ever on the account?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
CKeetly
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hello,

it'd be great to have a chat about what's happening here with your account. I've just sent your a PM to do so.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

6Libby6

Yes originally we had an account together but haven’t for many years & only found out he was still on it, when my email account was deleted (expired) apparently by the server, & I believe my last Telstra bill, which I didn’t receive, went to him, probably prompting him to delete my email??

6Libby6

Sure would like to know how it happened?

CKeetly
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

We definitely need to get this sorted out. Have you spoken to the support team on the app yet to go over who has authority on your account?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

6Libby6

Yes I have spoken to them yesterday, then spoke to Telstra over the phone last night & they have remedied it, & I believe I am back in charge of my account now, but still not happy that it happened & that they had to ring my ex husband to get his permission to remove his email from my account.

CKeetly
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I see well that's understandably disheartening whats happened here, glad to hear that it's all been resolved now however this doesn't distract from how unsettling this experience was for you. Let me know if you need any further help with this.

SteveW_52

It's not just disheartening for this to have happened, it is totally wrong for Telstra to have allowed it to occur.

Where was the contact with the actual account owner, to confirm the change to the account when the details were changed by someone unknown in the first place. Who allowed this to happen and what are the implications for your other customers. It is a blatant disregard for customers privacy and account security.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
6Libby6

Thanks Steve & I agree, however I seem to have had it fixed in this instance & just wanted to bring it to Telstra’s attention so hopefully someone else, won’t have to jump through hoops if this happens again to get it sorted.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit