Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Excessive data usage

I have a Sierra 4g mobile WiFi device that is constantly using all my data. we live in a country area and the device keeps switching to DC, we have 4g disabled as the signal is weak so have it locked on 3G.I have called Telstra several times and they say they have never heard of DC, they have credited back my account but it is still happening, what is using all my data, HELP

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Level 20: Director

Re: Excessive data usage

DC stands for dual carrier, which is supposed to double the network performance of a 3G connection. Not knowing what devices you are using makes answering your second question a little bit difficult.  Software updates are normally what consume large amounts of data.

Highlighted

I'm using Apple devices iPhone and iPads I have the auto updates turned off on all devices
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Susie_066,

We have technical support teams available during business hours that can look into this for you tomorrow. Would you like for me to arrange for them to review this for you?

- Patrice

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Hi Patrice
I have spoken with Telstra by phone on 2 occasions regarding this issue, they have offered me no solutions so far they replaced the data but it is still happening.
After calling speaking with a case manger on Thursday they gave me back 2G later in the day I had 2 sessions on the net doing emails and looking at a few sites and used more than 500 meg , we have never been high monthly users so I don't understands why we are getting theses spikes in usage..
I would like this reviewed

Thank you

Regards Susie
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for getting back to us Susie_066. Smiley Happy

We'd be happy to review this for you, simply send Patrice or myself a private message and we'll go from there.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

How do I sent you a private message?
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

If you click on our avatars, this will take you to our profile pages.

On the right hand side, you will see online status and also "send user a private message".

Hope this helps. Smiley Happy

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit