ByersT
Level 2: Rookie

Frustrating service

I placed an order online using my points for an Apple Watch on the 30/9/2020. I thought this was a simple process to place an order online has I had done with my last two phones on the same account.
I am yet to even have this order placed and confirmed by Telstra after a total of 3 days online chat and a telephone call from Telstra..... WRONG, I’m now onto the 5th day of chat in total and I’m still stuck on the round about!!
I was advised about an account ID mismatch due to new COVID secure ID checks, this was explained to me via chat on the 6/10/2020, it took over 12 hours of back and forth of chat (FRUSTRATING), after dealing with 4 different staff members to get my account updated with my drivers license. I was only a full authority on our account (husband and my account).
After painstakingly long chats, repeatedly saying the same thing to a different staff member over and over I was finally referred to the case manager Jarryd who assured me this issue was resolved and he would make sure I did not have to repeat myself again. Jarryd passed me onto Joanne to update my ID (drivers license). After repeating the story again Joanne assured me my account was now updated and she would personally check on my order to ensure it went through.
Another day later and still no confirmation of order and back to square one!!! 
I finally called Telstra on the 7/10/2020 to try and confirm this online order once and for all and sort this issue out. 
I was told by the operator that she had sent an email to Jarryd manager as well as her manager to escalate this issue as she could still not see the order confirmation as it was waiting on an ID verification.

Friday 9th October I got a phone call from Telstra to apologise for the frustrating service and once again assured this was now all clarified and the order had been expedited and I’d have a confirmation email Friday too.

Yesterday, Wednesday 14th I check my order status online only to find out my order states CANCELLED!!! 
once again I contacted Telstra via chat, 

I could go on and on!!! 
I am still trying to place the order but now not only has my order been cancelled I’ve lost my 86,000 and something points!! 
I’ve been advised to place a new order online and lodge a dispute in relation to lost points!!!  
How do I possibly get this issue sorted????? 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Gilliz
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Frustrating service

I could have written this word for word! So frustrated and ready to just cancel all of my services. What is going on with Telstra? I have never had any trouble until this order for the series 6! Still waiting waiting for a phone call or for my order to be found. 

ByersT

I’d advise you to contact via telephone and pray you get a good operator on the other end!! They finally resolved my issue. I’m just waiting now to see if the order does arrive!!! WATCH THIS SPACE. 
I must give a shout out to Jake who was the only one who went above and beyond to try and resolve this issue, also listened to all my frustrations. 
Good luck, I hope you get your watch. 

fezzo753
Level 1: Cadet

oh my god so its not just me, Im still going in circles though for an issue that ive had to reexplain since september and left on "give me 15mins" a day later "hi I'm Codi" fml

ByersT

It’s enough to make you SNAP grrrrr.... good luck! 
my issue was eventually resolved, but it should not be so hard. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit