Bellewoofit
Level 1: Cadet

How can I access old email pre July 2020

I have used a Telstra Bigpond email since 2001. I have been through all the changes of mail servers and settings.

Now, using an email client like Outlook or Thunderbird I can only access email back to July 2020.

Using Telstra Webmail also now only goes back to July 2020.

I have tried setting up an email account using the older POP settings, which work - but again only retrieve email back to July 2020.

How can I access older email?

Has Telstra deleted all of this information - which includes mails from now deceased family, photos and documents that I no longer have access to?

Any help would be appreciated.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: How can I access old email pre July 2020

If you can no longer access the emails using webmail then they have been deleted from the server. If you had been using POP3 the emails were probably removed from server by your email client on your device as most email clients if set to use POP3 will remove old downloaded emails from server after a certain period of time. The only way you will be able to access if you have an old device that was configured to use POP3 that still has the emails stored on it.

Bellewoofit
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for that. That was what I thought. Not good.

Dowser
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Check your old devices as per comments by @cf4 

With MS Outlook you can use various methods to back up your emails. Please check google for details.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit