Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

How do I change mobile plan

Four weeks ago I went online at MyTelstra and changed my current plan (which is out of date) to a $70 p/mth plan. Received an email telling me all done. A week later still on old plan so went on line again. Person  I spoke  said for some reason change had been cancelled. Couldn't tell me why. But assured me he would change it. Got another email telling me all good. Two weeks later still on old plan. Went into Telstra shop in Sydney CBD. Very helpful young man confirmed that for some reason two online attempts had been blocked/cancelled by "computer" but he assured me he would fix it up. I signed paperwork and left store assured all would be finally sorted out. Fifteen minutes later young man called me and advised I had a pre-paid service. I told him a know that but the phone number I gave him at the store is the service I want the new plan for. Not my back up phone that has a pre paid plan. Just checking he said. It's all done. So as you guessed it, my plan has still not been changed. No explanation or contact from Telstra. Can someone suggest what I should do. Is it just me or is this usual Telstra incompetence. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: How do I change mobile plan

Sounds like you might need to lodge an official complaint and hopefully they will be able to work on what has happened and resolve it for you.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: How do I change mobile plan

Hi KennethJ,

Sorry to read of your past experiences, I'm sure this will be something we can investigate and fix up for you soon. As DrQ has mentioned, a formal complaint would be best in this  scenario. You can raise this online at the following link, where a case manager will be in touch within 3-5 business days to address your concerns and start working with you towards a resolution: Lodging a complaint with Telstra

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit