Titahi
Level 1: Cadet

How long is reasonable to have to wait for a refund

Answered

I mistakenly over paid my account to the tune of $1200 and sought a refund, after much back and forth I was given a refund number and told it would be auctioned within 3 business days.  So far after various promises and even a guarantee it has been 13 days and  8 business days, multiple interactions with chat staff, a complaint and still no refund Smiley Sad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: How long is reasonable to have to wait for a refund

Normally it takes 10 business days (roughly 2 weeks depending on public holidays) for a refund.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

Normally it takes 10 business days (roughly 2 weeks depending on public holidays) for a refund.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Titahi

Thanks for the response Jupiter, is that from your past experience?  Certainly would be easier to digest the wait if I had been furnished with that sort of time frame from the multiple chat staff I chased, alas they have all given differing much shorter time frames....

Jupiter

Those are the guidelines and you should never be given a shorter timeframe. It's great if it does come in early, but given in-house processing and then bank transfers or cheque posting, that's rarely the case.

If the refund doesn't reach you by Day 10, then you should chase it up.

Titahi

my chat history shows multiple staff  giving various shorter timeframes.... saying things like I’ll arrange someone to call you..... just constant fobbing off!!

Well today my Telstra credit remains unchanged, as is my bank account.  The email response I was informed I would get never occurred,  Telstra customer service in my case has been the  worst of any company I have ever experienced 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit