CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

How to cancel my account

I no longer need bigpond internet and therefore need to cancel my subscription. I've been trying to call for over a week and cant get through (COVID19 congestion), I cant chat online (COVID19) congestion, and i cant find a link to cancel through the website. So effectively, I'm stuck paying for something I don't need. Any help would be appreciated.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: How to cancel my account

I've spent 2 days going in circles. Serendipity .. I googled my local Telstra shop (Southland, Victoria) and it came back with an actual email address (although the book-an-appointment p[age refuses to let me book an appointment).

I've only just sent an email so I don't know whether it will actually work but, since nothing else works and Codi just eventually self-references if you try to follow its instructions, it has to be worth a try.

Highlighted

Re: How to cancel my account

Follow up ... my local store responded to say they weren't allowed to do it unless I actually turned up .. and to use the complaints form at https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

So I've done that .. waiting to see what happens. The form did refuse to send until I finally hit a "log in" button, logged into my Telstra account, - then had to reloaded the same message again. Luckily I had drawn the message up in a Word document so I could just copy it across. This finally sent so now waiting.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit