big_trev
Level 3: Gumshoe

How to extract conversations from My Telstra app on phone?

Answered

I have an ongoing issue which I have been following up with Telstra since about September 2020.  We have an understanding - every month I get over charged, then I message on the My Telstra app, since this is the only way you can apparently contact Telstra now.  After 6-8 hours of back and forth I'll be promised it will be fixed, and then the next month we do it all again when it's not fixed. 

I now have an extensive chat history in the app on my phone, with multiple promises of what is going to be done.   Now if this was on a PC/Web browser it would be easy, but since it's on this app I can't see how I can select the text and copy it somewhere else for safekeeping.  I could screen shot it, but I've wasted enough of my life on this - it would probably be 50 or 100 screen shots.  

Is there a way of accessing this chat history in a way I can do a copy/paste of the history into notepad or similar?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteveW_52
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: How to extract conversations from My Telstra app on phone?

If your device can do it, take screenshots as you scroll through.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
big_trev

Responding to my own question, it appears you can highlight and copy multiple messages in the app, but you lose the date and time stamps, which is useless given the timeframe I'm dealing with.

SteveW_52
Accepted Solution

If your device can do it, take screenshots as you scroll through.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..

View solution in original post

big_trev

Thanks, that seems slightly ridiculous that's all you can do. A cynic might even say Telstra are making it deliberately difficult so it's hard to give evidence of your conversations to a third party....

In case someone else has a similar problem, I've had to open the app on a Samsung (which supports scrolling screenshots) and do it there. 

SteveW_52

Totally agree, it used to be that you could request a transcript at the end of the chat, but not so anymore!

Stevo 52

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit