voltz5000
Level 1: Cadet

I have credit in account and want it reimbursed

Hi darling Telstra,

I have money in my account that I want reimbursed.  This has been in the account for nearly a year.  I could not imagine how many goons you would have sent to get that money back if the owed amount was on the other hand.

I have rung up and tried to speak with a consultant.  Both times I have not been put through to a person I was given an SMS code to click which then resulted in an error message 'Failed to connect to server'.

Could you please give me my money back.  Your performance so far has been below average at best.

Regards

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: I have credit in account and want it reimbursed

Nobody at Crowdsupport has access to account information or billing systems.

The best way to contact Telstra at the moment is to send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen). If the bot doesn't understand the query, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should get transferred to the queue to chat with a human. It can take a few hours to get an initial response and you will receive a notification via your mobile.

If you don't have access to a mobile that can run the My Telstra app, you can start a chat session via the Telstra website by logging into your account, or you can lodge the request as a complaint via https://telstra.com/complaints

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
LauraBee
Support Team
Support Team

Re: I have credit in account and want it reimbursed

Generally if there's a credit, it will be automatically refunded via cheque when the account is closed. If you've disconnected the services and that refund hasn't come through, there may be something on the account that's stopping it from being finalised. 

If you get in touch with our team through the My Telstra app or through your online Telstra account, you'll just need to confirm that everything has been removed from the account to ensure it can be closed and finalised.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit