hellohelp1
Level 2: Rookie

I want to speak to someone on the chat - not using the app

I don't want to waste my time holding on the phone and can't use the Telstra app. 

Can someone please link me to the chat function? 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
15 REPLIES 15
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: I want to speak to someone on the chat - not using the app

The link is https://livechat.telstra.com

It may/may not be working, but even when it is, there are hours long waits.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
hellohelp1

thank you. you're right its not working, classic telstra. do you have an email address i could use, i have screenshots of conversations and would like to forward on and make a complaint. i can't use the app 

Jupiter

Telstra do not use email for communications.

If you want to make a complaint, lodge it via https://telstra.com/complaints

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
hellohelp1

thank you, i have done that already. do you think if i took to socials i would get a quicker response?

Jupiter

Probably not. 

LukeV
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Hellohelp1, do you have the reference number for the complaint handy? Happy to look into this for you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Why can't you use the My Telstra app? device issue or incompatibility? device ownership? Don't like it?

It is Telstras preferred customer support tool (not everyone likes it, sometimes it (the consultants really) doesn't have a clue or provide the help required, but it can work well depending on how you use it (like most tools)..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
AntMan2021
Level 1: Cadet

Best bet is to go in to the Telstra store,

hellohelp1

hellohelp1

Hello,

No one has got back to me re my complaint 06335655.

Basically I tried to sign up for a sim only plan over the chat, they took all my details/did a credit check etc and said it had been processed but I received no confirmation email overnight. I went on the chat the next day and they said there was no record of me and that I definitely had no plan under my name or email. It was all very time consuming and I was transferred to multiple people. On confirmation that I had no plan under my name or email I signed up with Optus and it was so quick and easy and incredible customer service. Then the next day I had an email from Telstra saying welcome to my new plan?! I 100% do not want to be a Telstra customer and won't be downloading the app for help. Please do not give me a number to call. I also have screenshots from the chats I had.   

hellohelp1

My complaint has been ignored for over a month

Hello,

No one has got back to me re my complaint 06335655.

Basically I tried to sign up for a sim only plan over the chat, they took all my details/did a credit check etc and said it had been processed but I received no confirmation email overnight. I went on the chat the next day and they said there was no record of me and that I definitely had no plan under my name or email. It was all very time consuming and I was transferred to multiple people. On confirmation that I had no plan under my name or email I signed up with Optus and it was so quick and easy and incredible customer service. Then the next day I had an email from Telstra saying welcome to my new plan?! I 100% do not want to be a Telstra customer and won't be downloading the app for help. Please do not give me a number to call. I also have screenshots from the chats I had.   

LauraBee
Support Team
Support Team

Re: My complaint has been ignored for over a month

As CrowdSupport is not a secure platform we can't discuss any account details through here. Sometimes those emails do get sent out in error, but I have a feeling that if you've contacted us and they've said there is no record of your details it may not have been put into the system before you contacted us the second time. 

When you received that email were you provided with any order numbers?

hellohelp1

Re: My complaint has been ignored for over a month

i was sent an email with the subject line 'Email Bill Activation' and then other with the subject line 'Your plan details on a page' no order numbers. i really do not want to be a Telstra customer and would love help closing this down. Could I have an email I could use to contact you further rather than this forum. I won't be downloading the app.

Ashley
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

There isn't an email address available to use to speak with our team. The best way to contact us so we can follow this up further for you is to speak with us through the My Telstra app 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

hellohelp1

I refuse to download the app, that seems so scammy and ridiculous for it to be the only way to help people who want nothing to do with Telstra. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit