Cuban_
Level 2: Rookie

I would like a record of my online chat transcripts. Can someone explain how I can get access?

It appears the way to not help someone is to read the message on chat, respond a few hours later and then close the chat as no response. Therefore, not resolving enquiries and wasting hours of customer time.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

Re: I would like a record of my online chat transcripts. Can someone explain how I can get access?

We have so many similar posts here like yours....about Telstra's appalling "service" 

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
SteveW_52
Level 21: Augmented

Re: I would like a record of my online chat transcripts. Can someone explain how I can get access?

I haven't found the way to get a Telstra Chat transcript, which was possible previously on closing the chat. It's also harder to get reference numbers under the new customer support model. Not sure exactly why this is the case but I have my suspicions..

Now, if I am in a chat from the My Telstra app, I have got into the habit of taking screenshots as I go... the chat invariably goes astray.. so I like to have a record. It's a tedious way to gather proof but the only way I have found lately.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Cuban_

Thanks @SteveW_52, I have been taking screenshots and I have also contacted the TIO. The service is ridiculous.  You open the chat 3 or 4 times and they ask you the same questions from a script and do not read the hours of information you have previously provided. I'll let the ombudsman hopefully resolve my issue otherwise I'll need to take it further as in my case there has been a severe data breach.

SteveW_52

If you are going to the TIO, raise a complaint with Telstra first (just before is fine) so they can see you are trying to get a resolution..

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Cuban_

Thanks Steve 52

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit