Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
13 REPLIES 13
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Incorrect address database.

That estate is so new that it doesn't even exist on a map yet.

#19 doesn't exist in the NBN Co database (possibly the developer hasn't submitted the paperwork yet - so contact them first). Then you will need to contact Telstra and ask them to submit a request to get the address added to the database. It may take a while for NBN Co to update it.

Also, if it's not in the NBN Co database, then it may be that the infrastructure hasn't been fully installed in the estate yet either.

I've also asked the moderators to remove your screenshot as it shows your entire address, which is not a good thing to post in a public forum.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Eaglemist
Level 4: Private Eye

It exists on Here Maps. It's been here for 2 years and all wired for NBN. Origin Gas know where it is as do Australia Post. Why is it so hard for Telstra?

Jupiter

It's nothing to do with Telstra.

It's NBN Co's database, they provide the data on available connection addresses.

I have managed to find your property in their system and I have send you a PM about it (so as not to publish your address in public).

Basically, your address is incorrect in NBN Co's database (and doesn't exist in Google Maps, although it now shows up in the Satellite photo).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Eaglemist

NBN Co had a stand at the EG Field Days today, so hopefully I have managed to get my address added.

Jupiter

Excellent. Hopefully they get it fixed.

Now, for them to merge the Bairnsdale Show and the EG Field Days into a single event.

Jimmy-Lo
Support Team
Support Team

@Eaglemist That is great news! Thanks for your efforts and please let us know how you go with that.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Eaglemist

Nah. Different audiences. I thought about buying some holding pens and a couple of headers, but settled for a  couple of oilskins! 😉

Eaglemist

Just had a call from NBN Co. My address has been added to the database so in a couple of days I should be able to update my address in Telstra systems!

Angela_H
Support Team
Support Team

That's great Eaglemist, did you have someone helping you with this? If you don't have a contact pop through to us by messaging through our mobile app -Angela 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Eaglemist

Address is still not available....

Angela_H
Support Team
Support Team

Hey Eaglemist, This would be disappointing. Have you reached out to us via a direct method, & do you happen to have a case or reference number for this that you can share with me? -Angela 

Veezy
Support Team
Support Team

Just checking in Eaglemist, all good on your end?

Eaglemist

Finally managed to update my address this morning, Tuesday! Takes a while for the NBN updates to flow through. All happy now! 😷

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit