Fritzie
Level 2: Rookie

incorrect charges

I signed up for NBN which was connected on 1 December. I was assured that my current Mobile Broadband plan would cease once this was connected. My plan cycle finished on 5th of December. I did not use my mobile broadband after the 4th of December, and only used it this long because the NBN range does not extend 5 metres from the house to my office!!! I have had to purchase an ethernet cable to be able to use NBN where I need it most!

The bill I have just received includes the plan costs for December (I did not use all my allowance for November  so there was no extra to pay.). When I went in to the Telstra shop to query this the assistance told me that as I was cancelling the account today I would have to pay the pro-rata amount from the 5th to the 13th. I objected to this as I had confirmed that it would be cancelled from from the commencement of the NBN bundle. He advised that I would then receive a credit in next month's bill. He could not seem to understand that I am not liable for the December payment as the monthly payment is taken in advance.

As a pensioner I cannot afford to pay extra amounts and then get a credit next month! I will therefore be only paying for the NBN bundle and not the December payment for the cancelled mobile broadband. I feel this is the right thing to do as I couldn't get any clarity from the Telstra shop. Do you agree? (I had previously rung Telstra and was told I would get a return call within 1 -2 hours. That was 2 days ago!)

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
JessicaCL
Support Team
Support Team

Re: incorrect charges

Hi Fritzie,

I can appreciate your concerns. Please contact our team on 1800 834 273 and they will be able to look into this bill further.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit