Parky61
Level 2: Rookie

Issues with sign up to Telstra Plus

Hi

I have been trying for over 2 weeks since I received the text to join Telstra plus

Continual message saying Something Went wrong Sorry

Been with Telstra for many many years 

Very frustrating Smiley Surprised

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
IvanS
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Issues with sign up to Telstra Plus

Hi @Parky61,

Appreciate the concern you are having with the Telstra Plus sign up issue. 

Have you previously registered for your Telstra My Account with an email and password? If so, when logging in here:  https://tel.st/7uuv9 are you able to view your account and services on the dashboard? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Parky61

Yes I have the Telstra 24/7 app on my phone and have tried logging in via the link you provided and am unable to log into it
WillowR
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for clarifying that, Parky61. May I please clarify, are you able to access all of the elements of the 24x7 app, such as billing? I ask because a common issue facing customers is not having an active or valid Telstra ID to set the account up with. The other common issue is customers with a business account trying to sign in to Telstra Plus when these accounts are invalid with this program; have you confirmed that you don't have a small business or sole trader account with us? If you contact our LiveChat team here  https://tel.st/s5svr they can securely access your account and look into this for you. 

Please let me know. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Parky61

I can not see Billing when I went to log in it gives me some random message about Account restriction due to security level ?? No idea. I spent over 1 hour and 3 people later on the chat and am no further forward than I was before it would seem I have a Telstra ID - but I have no idea if I use my email and password I still cant get in. Telstra wonder why they get a bad wrap seriously frustrating no further forward than I was before.... They couldnt help with Telstra Plus and I still cant register... ??? The best option was I was referred to a Telstra Store
WillowR
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for that information, Parky61. Based on what you're telling me it definitely sounds like you don't have a valid Telstra ID; you can create one here https://tel.st/w87pr. This will allow you to see more information in your 24x7 app, allow you to pay bills through that medium, and will also allow you to sign up for the Telstra Plus program (this can be done through the 24x7 app as well). If you already have a Telstra ID that link will also help you with recovering your details.

Let me know how you go.

Parky61

As stated above when I log into the Telstra ID - it says I have one, this is the whole issue then it does not recognise me as having an ID and around and around it goes. I have tried to create and ID but it says I have one, just want to know what that is.... and after 1 hour and 3 people on the phone i gave up.
WillowR
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for clarifying that. May I please ask, have you spoken with our LiveChat team specifically regarding this? They can access your account and investigate this further, hopefully they can track down your Telstra ID, or perhaps reset this.

Please let me know what they advise.

Parky61

1 Hour on chat yesterday with 3 different people and no result as stated earlier
WillowR
Support Team
Support Team

Apologies, Parky61, I misread that initially, I thought you said you were on the phone not on LiveChat. Did they have any suggestions at all? Did they raise any webforms, or have any suggestions moving forward? Are you able to reset your password or find your old email or anything?

Braidsta
Level 1: Cadet

I have exactly the same issue - I tried a month or so ago, and got another email today and tried it - but still receiving the "something went wrong" message. 

I absolutely have a Telstra ID and regularly use the app online and on my phone to manage billing.

Greg_Buch
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Braidsta, if you're still having ongoing problems with the registration this can be followed up with our app developers if you can provide further details through the secure link at https://tel.st/ckgkz

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit