Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Keep getting access denied or Technical failure when trying to delete emails

My emails will NOT delete off the server once they have downloaded. I am now 5 of the same messages deep and now downloading over 600 emails. I can log into webmail.. choose to delete my mail then as soon as I hit delete to delete the first page I keep getting a TECHNICAL FAILURE page. For christ sakes fix your **bleep**!! I'm over downloading over 600 emails every time I turn on my PC as they've downloaded 5 times already and keep looping.. OVER YOUR **bleep**

Bronnie

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 18: Intelligence Chief

Re: Keep getting access denied or Technical failure when trying to delete emails

Hey Bronnie

Sounds really annoying indeed, do you have an older bigpond account, or are you using the newer microsoft based email from Telstra? 

One action may be to disable your email client on the PC, or at least change the period, length of time that your PC email client downloads email  within so that you are not replicating downloads of older mail for now to save on band width.

Just checked and there doesn't seem to be any widespread email issues ongoing, so it would be best to contact Tech Support on 133933 to see if there is a way to resolve this. It does sound unusual

#WinPhan

HTC Tytn II, HTC HD2, HTC DesireHTC Mozart, HTC HD7, HTC Titan 4G, HTC 8X, HTC One M7, Nokia Lumia 1020, 1320, 930, 830, 635, 530, Optus Lumia 950

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit