Stephen38
Level 1: Cadet

Live Chat 24/7

Any idea why Help / Live Chat is not accessible from my account? I click but nothing.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
21 REPLIES 21
Fitz7
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Live Chat 24/7

I have had the same issue and was advised that I can only chat via the my Telstra app.

Smiley3
Level 23: Superhero

Live Chat is not available due to the Telstra Employee's overseas not being able to work during COVID-19 in the call centre's.

Telstra's preferred contact at the moment is by messaging in the My Telstra App on your mobile phone (blue icon in the Get Help section, bottom right of the screen).

If Codi the bot replies with an irrelevant response type "I want to speak to a human".

You'll be placed in a queue for a Telstra Employee to reply to your message.

Unfortunately, it's not instant like Live Chat.

You'll receive a notification on your mobile phone when a Telstra Employee has replied to your message. 

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Ijstwntinet

Same issue here, however, when I go to the app that doesn't work either. It just continuously loads. Tried calling only to get disconnected multiple times, as well. There is literally no way to speak to anyone. My nbn has stopped working, troubleshooting says there's an issue and they will send a tech. After Wednesday, once my connection is fixed by the tech, I call Telstra and get a credit back to my account for the time I couldn't use it, and the extra data I've had to use on my phone to compensate. Now I just have to explain to my mother in California why it took me a week to facetime her. Thanks Telstra. 🙄

It's happened a few times before. I wonder what other options for home internet there are?

SteveW_52
Level 21: Augmented

What browser are you using to see My Account?  My preferred browser is Brave (Chromium based) and the Live Chat doesn't even open on that..  but if I use Chrome it does..  but it gets you pretty much to the same CODI, unless he is so artificially intelligent that he can be two places at once :-)   So it is pretty much the same wonderful (sic) chat experience....

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
SteveW_52

What sort of NBN service and Telstra modem/router do you have? Is it one without he 4G backup option?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Ijstwntinet

I have the 4g backup plan, but it only works for select things. The Telstra app/website and video chatting are the worst two. Some apps continue to work at a slower speed, some stop altogether.

When you pay 80 a month for unlimited use though. Kind of a waste. 

SteveW_52

Something is not right there, switching to 4G  backup on my Smart Modem doesn't prevent access to anything I normally use of the HFC connection - it just happens slower and any streaming is hardly worth the effort for obvious reasons.

Have you made any changes to the settings of the Smart Modem? and have you tried a factory reset yet (press the reset button in with a paperclip for 15 seconds) and let it reboot. See how it performs after that?

What NBN service do you have and do you have an NBN NTD adjacent. if t connects by ethernet cable to the modem, then you can try just connecting to PC directly to the NTD instead (no Wi-Fi on that NTD) and see if things work better in that mode. If you are connecting most device by Wi-Fi then it could well be the case that the modem Wi-Fi has got itself in a knot or a firmware update has nobbled. The reset might clean that up as well.

Otherwise a few details about your internet connection, NBN devices etc. might help resolve the problem.

Stevo 52
ATL11

Hello ive lost my phone and am trying to transfer my same telstra number to a new sim card 

SteveW_52

Your question doesn't seem to be related to this thread? You might be better off starting a new question, with a header about you issue.

Stevo 52
Smiley3

Hi @ATL11,

The quickest way for you to get the lost SIM replaced is by going into a Telstra store with some ID to prove you own the mobile service....if you can during COVID-19, and you have a Telstra store nearby.

They'll use a blank SIM and transfer your Account details onto it.

This is free of charge and is usually done in less than 5 minutes. 

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
rode666

Everything about Telstra is unacceptable at present.  It's all well and good to blame COVID-19, but if the chat function isn't working it should be removed.  Leaving it there but with no response just isn't good enough.

I've had a broadband problem for 3 weeks, with no resolution despite one NBN tech, two Telstra techs, replaced NBN modem and two replacement Telstra routers.

Why does everything have to be done using the 'app'?  I attempted to use it, but without success.  Not happy!

Royboyrips

Where did my mobile credit go?

Smiley3

Hi @Royboyrips,

No-one on Crowdsupport has access to customer's Accounts, so we can't tell you where your mobile credit has gone.

You'll need to contact Telstra directly for them to look at your Account. 

You can go into a Telstra store...if you're able to during COVID-19 and you have a store nearby. 

Or could send a message via the My Telstra App on your mobile phone (blue icon in the Get Help section, bottom right of the screen).

tj1231

I paid my overdue bill Please reconnect asap

Smiley3

Hi @tj1231,

No-one on Crowdsupport can reconnect you, as no-one on here has access to customer's Accounts. 

You can use the below link to report that you've made a payment. 

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Advise-Telstra-of-a-payment

sandy_chic-365

I would like to get a new Email address Bruce

Gaz60

Hi, can you assist me with my home internet package

r-w

need to activate a new sim

TriciaGarson

Hello,

I have been getting quite a few phone calls on my home phone saying that when we go online someone is accessing our internet. I have no idea if this is true or not. But since I can't verify who is ringing me, I hang up. Is there any way you can check if there is a problem please?

But I also received a text message from Telstra saying they noticed an issue with our internet and it had switched to 4G

morthernangler

Hi Stevo,

If the initial inquiry was about poor wifi I have the same problem. I have the 4G back up system in my new modem. This new modem is OK however the wifi is hopeless. I will have to get one of those wifi extender things so I can watch netflix etc. My lg TV will just not pick up the new modems wifi. Gone from bad to worse, Another Telstra stuff up. I worked for telstra for 40 years and now I would not admit to being employed by them. Bloody hopeless.

SteveW_52

If you have a Wi-Fi issue then you can try change the settings in the modem:

- Disable Band Steering (you will then have seperate 2.4G and 5G Wi-Fi networks - same passcode but the high band one will have -5G at the end of the name. You can then choose which band to connect to. If you only see one band when trying to connect, then the modem may be faulty

- Disable protected Mode Frames (PMF) on both bands. Some devices don't play nice with PMF.

See how you go, don't forget to save the setting for each change

Stevo 52

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit