Maverick
Level 1: Cadet

My Account Login Issues

Hello Everyone,

Ok so the story:

I only use Telstra for my Prepaid Mobile Phone. To log into my Account on Telstra site it was just my Mobile number 04XX XXX XXX. Now I only needed this once or twice and never logged into it again.

Now that was some time back now to today. I have got a new Credit Card and been trying to recharge and everytime it says Credit Card Declined. Which is Odd cause it is working everywhere else. So I ring 1258880 after going through the prompts I get this extremely quite lady that tells me I have to log into the Portal to add a New Credit Card. I think this is odd as I don't remember doing it in the past. Normally I just go to https://prepaidrecharge.telstra.com/prepaidrecharge/spring/main?execution=e1s1 and put my details in and all is good. (But this page is also saying unable to process Credit Card)

Confused I try logging into my Telstra Account but it tells me my mobile number is not a Valid Username. Upon using the "Forgot Username" area and trying every email address I have and every combination I give up and ring 1800 Number.

They tell me I rang the wrong area and put me through to another person but before I get to this person I get prompts again to answer and type. Get to this person and they tell me its an issue with my Credit Card.

I thought unlikely as I used it for lunch like 10 minutes ago. But thought I would be nice and check. As per they request go to the ATM and get money out it works. Ring them again and they try transferring me to another area that can tell me/reset my login details.

I get there and lady says it is impossible for me to have an account if I only use Telstra for PrePaid Mobile.

TELSTRA I am trying to give you money and yet you run me all over your system.

I finally found this forum read Renee sticky but doesn't really apply to my situation. And don't really want to ring that number any more.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Emissary
Level 10: Junior Detective

Re: My Account Login Issues

If you're sick of the phone you can email: https://service.telstra.com.au/general/contact-us/form?execution=e1s1

As you registered the first time with just the mobile number, forgot you password help wont work because it needs an email address as you're probably already aware. 

Have you tried to Register again and see if the account is still active online ?

Will update with something clever when the brain starts working!
Maverick

@Emissary wrote:

If you're sick of the phone you can email: https://service.telstra.com.au/general/contact-us/form?execution=e1s1

As you registered the first time with just the mobile number, forgot you password help wont work because it needs an email address as you're probably already aware. 

Have you tried to Register again and see if the account is still active online ?

OMG thank you for that Link i couldn't find it.

yeah i have discovered this which is a bugger.

I did try to register again but it says its still Active.

HAHAHA thanks mate i might try that email option see what happens.

wauchoper1

Today i tried to log on to my account, and as i hadnt used it in ages, had forgotten what both my user name and password was. But i needed to perserver as I tried to change my plan. I 'thought' i had changed it last month via 1258888, but it 'didnt' work and as such i got totally gipped on my 'free calls from 6pm'......i used all my credit in 10 days! pissed off.

So i got my user name, then came the password! OMG how bloody frustrating! It just kept telling me 'your password needs to be this or that....blah blah blah...' No matter how many times i tried to change it to the 'recommended' characters it still didnt change.

Also the online help is inconsistent.!!! Im sorry this isnt some small home made website. What is your useability and testers doing????  Its unacceptable. It tells you in the top text box that you can only use xyz text etc, but then on the lower box information it tells you that you can use @ symbols etc! Inconsistent.

So after trying unsucessfully for 10 minutes and nearly throwing my computer thru the window, i went back to the dear old faithful #100#.....but low and behold that DIDNT WORK EITHER!!!!!! WTF . Telstra do you want my money?????

So i finally tried the sms path. it seemed too easy. well it was kind of. I sent off the sms, and was bombarded with a flurry of text from telstra saying the ususal - your balance is below 9.99, then below 1.00 etc...Im like I KNOW - Im trying to pay you money!!!!!! So eventually i got a confirmation text from the sms. I still rang 1258888 and checked my balance. FINALLY - half an hour later I have credit. and it seems to be on the correct plan.

So fingers crossed that I might actually get to use the free after 6pm calls, and wont get ripped off AGAIN.....

Not good enough Telstra!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit