Jase2010
Level 1: Cadet

My Telstra User ID

Answered

My Telstra Id is linked to my mothers phone account (that I am authorised on). I now have a seperate Telstra account, how do I change the services linked to my Telstra ID? (mothers account also has a Telstra ID)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jas07
Level 2: Rookie
Accepted Solution

Re: My Telstra User ID

My problem is similar to Jase's but I need the ID in my account to be changed to mine. As my Mother's email was mistakenly used while registering for the plan.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Jase2010. 

You will need to set up a new Telstra ID for your new account and then you can add your services to this. 

You can see specifc detail on how to do this here https://tel.st/73pnt as well as a video guide here https://tel.st/xx9lc;

Let us know if you run into any trouble. 

Regards - 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Jas07
Level 2: Rookie
Accepted Solution

My problem is similar to Jase's but I need the ID in my account to be changed to mine. As my Mother's email was mistakenly used while registering for the plan.

View solution in original post

jayonaise
Support Team
Support Team

@Jas07 You may need to start over with a new Telstra ID, I'd suggest speaking to the Telstra support team through the Telstra App or online chat.

From the sounds of it, you'll need to de-register the current Telstra ID so you can register your account again but starting this time with the correct email you want.

Jase2010
Level 1: Cadet

Sounded like a good plan but with this kind of query how do we get past CODI???

SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

When you get to Codi, type "Consultant" or "Speak to a Consultant", click on the three dots above and then send..  you will go into a queue for someone to message you back..  so make sure you are logged in, Notifications are enabled and then you can close the app and wait for the response message..

You can create a Teltra ID yourself from your My Account Page https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/home

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
SteveW_52

Or you can use the My Telstra app..  click on Your Profile (stylised shoulders and circle for a head)..then Manage Telstra ID's..  I haven't personally had to do that either way..  but you just need to follow the prompts I think..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit