jaycoop
Level 1: Cadet

MyTelstra App not showing services

So I've moved over from Nz. Telstra is one of the few places that could offer nbn at the place we live. We have internet and it's working fine. But I've been trying for over a week now to get my services to show up in the app. (Ideally I'd love to add some extras onto my account, but dam hard to do that when it won't show up.)

Anyone else ever have this issue, then suffered through being passed around in the messenger to multiple people and constantly being told that it should be sorted, but please wait for 24/48/72 hours for the changes to take place - only to find still no change?

Any day above ground is a good day.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Re: MyTelstra App not showing services

Sign into the Telstra homepage. Click on Services via the menu bar at top right of the screen.

If your service is not showing, scroll down to & click on “Can’t see one of your services?. Get help”. You can then enter the account number.

It will inform you that the request can take 15 days to be acted on.

jaycoop

Fair enough.. but 15 days?

I've already been battling this for over a week. I've been passed around probably 15 to 20 different people. It shouldn't be this hard. Half the time they inform me I don't even have the internet. Which I can assure you, I do. Without it, I would struggling to be making these posts. The 4G network here sucks very badly.. which makes things all the more amusing when I see the modem having 4G backup.

I like the deals Telstra offers and the app is clean and easy to navigate, it's a good UI. But how on earth is it this hard to attach my services to it? As much as I used to gripe about my service provider back in NZed, this was definitely not an issue that ever would have come up or taken so long to sort.

Thanks for your advice though. I will try it. I do appreciate any ideas at this stage.

Rohan123
Level 19: Deputy Director

Hi @jaycoop 

Here is the number I ring for Telstra tech support 137663 It's an old number that probably wont be able to handle your request. However they always answer within 10 mins and seem to be able to put you through to the department that can help you directly.

I don't like the app, To me customer service should be when I want it! Not when they have time to respond.

I don't work for Telstra, Never have, I am just a Telstra customer like you.
So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Which I am always happy to be corrected on.
Rohan
jaycoop

Thanks mate. I did end up finding a number to call them and have done so. Was reassured it would be fixed in 24hours.. well that was Thursday, and as of today, still nothing showing up on the website version or the app.

I'm starting to feel like they want to give me internet for free. Hard to pay for a service that doesn't exist after all. The downside to that is I wanted to add their xbox deal and Telstra Tv to my account. Can't do that either and that's the biggest frustration.

I will use my last little bit of patience and wait until Tuesday and see what happens. Otherwise, it looks like they will be getting another call from me and unfortunately for them, I will be trying to get them to stay on the line until someone can promise me and prove to me once and for all that the issue is fixed. Haha

Rohan123

Hi @jaycoop 

Good to see your still finding the humor in all this.

As frustrating as it can be, Be nice to the Telstra staff on the phone that will help quicken the process.

You should also take note of date, time, employee number (d number) and reference number for the call.

I wouldn't be waiting till Tuesday. Get an update through the number you rang or the number I gave you!

If you want to add their xbox deal I'm sure sales would love to help you 1800 709 957

I don't work for Telstra, Never have, I am just a Telstra customer like you.
So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Which I am always happy to be corrected on.
Rohan

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit