Skye19
Level 2: Rookie

MyTelstra ID has unlinked from all my accounts and I can't access anything!

Answered

Hello, the My Telstra ID has been unlinked from all my accounts and devices including home phone, NBN, mobile phones, pre paid mobile broadband and Telstra Rewards since Wed 9 Dec 2020.  Every time I try to re-link it, I keep getting an error message, and I now don't have any access to any telstra account details including billing, usage, plus packs and recharging because when I log in, it keeps asking for a Telstra ID to gain full functionality and when I use my existing Telstra ID, it keeps coming up with a ERROR-CRS-05 message .  Has anybody else experienced this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Skye19
Accepted Solution

Re: MyTelstra ID has unlinked from all my accounts and I can't access anything!

Hi Everybody, thank you for your messages... I went to the Telstra Store but as friendly as they were, they couldn't assist because apparently Telstra can only deal with the customer directly and not through a customer service representative at their Telstra Stores...

But, THE SILLY THING HAS BEEN RESTORED - but only by chance... I logged in using one of my secondary bigpond email accounts I have with Telstra and using that to register a secondary device (a pre paid mobile not my home NBN) - everything was there - all services and rewards store... still showing a ERROR-CRS-05 when I use my primary email address but the secondary email account seems fine.

Note that this was probably a fluke - I didn't create a new Telstra ID nor create a new email address - I used a secondary one I created more than 10 years ago and linked it to a pre-paid phone number and somehow it works - it's an outcome, probably not the one I was expecting, but there you have it...

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Dan4455
Level 1: Cadet

Same thing has happened to me. And now they want me to drive 2hrs to my nearest Telstra store 😠

SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

Have you tried opening your account in the My Telstra app? It should use the same Telstra ID.

If that works, then something has gone in the migration to the new Telstra My Account page - not sure what (in my case I have only lost the Track Order function via the browser but it is fine on My Telstra..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Dan4455
Level 1: Cadet

Have contacted support the not sure what it is but he said he seen a lot of people what the same problem so I guess we just wait

@SteveW_52 wrote:

Have you tried opening your account in the My Telstra app? It should use the same Telstra ID.

If that works, then something has gone in the migration to the new Telstra My Account page - not sure what (in my case I have only lost the Track Order function via the browser but it is fine on My Telstra..

SteveW_52

But while that is positive, it doesn't really tell you how bad the problem is..

Try getting in to your account using the My Telstra app..  if that works, then it is a migration issue (to the new look web page)..  if it doesn't work then it is you whole account that is the issue..

Stevo 52
Skye19
Accepted Solution

Hi Everybody, thank you for your messages... I went to the Telstra Store but as friendly as they were, they couldn't assist because apparently Telstra can only deal with the customer directly and not through a customer service representative at their Telstra Stores...

But, THE SILLY THING HAS BEEN RESTORED - but only by chance... I logged in using one of my secondary bigpond email accounts I have with Telstra and using that to register a secondary device (a pre paid mobile not my home NBN) - everything was there - all services and rewards store... still showing a ERROR-CRS-05 when I use my primary email address but the secondary email account seems fine.

Note that this was probably a fluke - I didn't create a new Telstra ID nor create a new email address - I used a secondary one I created more than 10 years ago and linked it to a pre-paid phone number and somehow it works - it's an outcome, probably not the one I was expecting, but there you have it...

View solution in original post

ralphyboy

this is also my dilemma now... help is as per usual non existent. my app used to access all accounts but is unable - cant get passed adding services as i get the same error

Something went wrong. We're unable to process your Telstra ID registration, please message us and mention reference CRS-ERROR-05.

ralphyboy

ive tried both app and also online... neither works. same error and contact help... Ha. Xmas Joke. i used to pay my bills online wont know now when they are due.

SteveW_52

The app updated on my phone this morning, but I haven't had a chance to check it out (but I can see it has fixed some background color issues).

Do you have other email addresses linked to you main account? What @Skye19 discovered, might work for you.

Have you tried another device to open the app with your Telstra ID? The only other thing Ican suggest is calling 132200 but I don't know if that will get you through to someone who can help. Seems that some people have used it, but when I try I just get directed to the app..  Smiley Frustrated

Stevo 52
ralphyboy

at last resolved.. at least via my mobile. thanks for the help via telstra, 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit