maximums
Level 1: Cadet

order tracker says invalid no.

ordered a $30 sim on sale for $15 and received email from no reply.  downloaded the my telstra app who had my orders from years ago but no recent order. Tried the order tracker and pasted the order no from the email but it said format invalid. I placed the order 4 days ago and no shipping email.  have i been scammed?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: order tracker says invalid no.

The order tracker is not particularly good. It only tracks a few order types.

Weekends do not count as days. Only business days count when trying to work out how many days have elapsed. I wouldn't be worried it yet, it can take a few days for an order to be dispatched and you will probably receive it before you receive any more correspondence about it.

If you want to follow it up, send a message by either:

• the My Telstra app on your mobile
  • logging into your account via the telstra.com.au website

and then go to the Get Help tab and click on the blue icon at the bottom of the screen (labelled Message Us on the website, icon only on app). If the bot doesn't understand the query, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human. It can take a few hours to get an initial response. If you use the app, you will get a notification on your mobile when someone responds.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
maximums

Thanks for that. This is day 3. I am sorry that I took my chances with telstra again. I can't log in to the my telstra app as it sends me to playstore and chrome. Fed up as it took me long enough to sign up again. Only got to respond to you via the link in the email. When I did get to use the app yesterday I tried the messages and got a person who kept asking useless questions. it said i would be notified . zip. what a waste of my time. I hope you are right about receiving the sim first.

maximums

Also if I get the sim can you set to auto recharge? I don't want direct debit.

Jupiter

As it's a PrePaid service, there is no Direct Debit, you either use Auto Recharge (which to be honest is functionally the same as Direct Debit) which extends the recharge expiry out to calendar month, or recharge manually as required.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit